Linux Sampler - Demand / Persistent

Hi all.
I use Linux Sampler as my main engine on Zynthian and I was wonder, it seems to operate in “On-Demand” mode. Is there a way to change this to “On-Demand-Hold”?

I’m thinking too, when I get a V5 Unit I’d prefer to go for a 8GB Pi4, so, what’s the chances of getting Linux Sampler to run in Persistent mode?

Thanks
James.

You can get the RPi yourself and buy the basic kit, this way you can put the 8Gb version. I also agree that it would be nice to have a power option for those who want to be on the safe side when running those memory hogs.

Hi @Tubbritt !

When you say “it seems to operate”, did you check it or are you supposing this behaviour?
I say that because I think LinuxSampler works “On-Demand+Hold” currently, although i should check it for being sure.

Regarding “Persistent Mode” I think this can be only changed on compile-time. I will check to refresh my mind.

Regards

1 Like

Hello.

I completed a fresh install of the latest OS and everything seems to be working with On-Demand-hold fine now. Really sorry about that. I don’t know what happened there or if it was something I had done but I was getting a 2 second delay previously every time.

If Persistent mode was an option at some point, that would be nice.

Sorry to bother you but I have one question. When I press Select to select a sound, is there a way to remain on the page where all the sounds are listed? Right now every time I press select it brings me away from that page to the settings for that selected sound, meaning if I want to quickly go to another sound I have to press Back, scroll and Select.

Kind regards
James

If you have “Preset Preload” enabled in the admin menu (enabled by default) then you can preview sounds right in the preset list. Press a key on your MIDI connected keyboard/controller and it will trigger the synth engine to load its preset. Unfortunately it can take a while for a preset to load so you may need to press a couple of times to hear the fully loaded preset.

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you.

James.