Locked out after changing password

I was in the middle of trying to work out how to inspect the file system on my freshly assembled Zynthian, when I decided to change the webconf password. I’m pretty sure I remember what password I used, and I had to enter enter it twice (I’m assuming they are checked against each other) so a typo is unlikely to be the issue. In addition, I let the Chrome password manager remember the password, and it agrees with my memory of which password I used. I am however getting an “Incorrect Password” error whenever I try to log in. “Rasberry” does not work either. Before I wipe the device and re-flash the memory, I thought I’d check if there was a less nuclear way to reset the password?

It would be raspberry. But why should it have the original? Did you see the password in the password manager? Did you try a different browser?

It’s really strange. AFAIK, the password changing works perfectly … and we did a good testing for sure!! :wink:

• Did you include some really strange character in your password?
  • Have you tried to clean your cookies or use a private browser window, etc?

Regards,

Hi tstex,

I got a very similar problem last month with my Zynthian. My computer became suddenly unable to connect to the Zynthian webconf, claiming that password was incorrect (however, I did not change it before). Closing and restarting my browser did nothing.

The problem disappeared after a full reboot of the computer AND the Zynthian (full reboot = cold start, not just “restart”)

If you still have the problem, I would recommend to try to change your browser (try with Firefox). Chrome keeps a lot of things in memory to “optimize your navigation experience” (another way to “tracking everything you do” :stuck_out_tongue:), but I already saw Chrome being screwed in its password management and sending a password from its configuration file rather the one that you type

2 Likes

I finally found time to re-flash the Micro SD card. This did not seem to make things any better. I still am not able to login via webconf. actually remember having trouble logging in from webconf the first time I got the Zynthian running, and being somewhat unsure what I did to get in, but I just bookmarked it, and saved the password in the password manager in chrome.

I have also tried accessing the zynthian via putty using the web page below with some variations. I have two network cards in this pc, and I can see my Zynthian’s IP address in the arp output of one of them. Putty also does not see the root /rasberry or the pi / rasberry user / password combinations.

Is there some sure fire way to reset and re-access the zynthian?

I don’t know idf its been suggested but try clearing zynthian cookies from the browser.
That has worked for me in the past.

Tried raspberry instead of rasberry?

1 Like

What SD image did you use?

How do you delete an individual cookie in chrome? Apparently they’re all in an sqlite database file? Did you deleted the whole thing? ( C:\Users\adl\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies )

In any case I’ve tried Chrome and Firefox without luck, so it’s probably not a cookie, and I’m wondering if Windows is the issue?

Dammit! That was it. Thankyou!!

5 Likes

In chrome it’s now part of the developer tools…

:man_facepalming:
:grin::grin:

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Ohhh! Yessss … a mistake like this deserves a good sound sample :face_with_monocle:
:laughing::laughing:

2 Likes