Mackie Big Knob studio

Merry Christmas. I take this opportunity to ask for help. I am trying to use the sound card of my monitor controller (Mackie Big Knob studio) via usb. Alsamixer recognizes it (see attached screenshots) and makes me select the new sound card too but no audio can be heard. Certainly other steps are missing but I don’t know how to proceed. I am available for any necessary information additions. I would be grateful for your help. Greetings

immagine

root@zynthian:~# lsusb
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a73:001d Mackie Designs
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Please provide the output of aplay -l.

Thanks Riban. Here is the required output:

List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 1: b1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1], device 0: bcm2835 HDMI 1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1]
Subdevices: 4/4
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 2: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
Subdevices: 3/4
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 3: STUDIO [BIG KNOB STUDIO], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 4: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplusadc], device 0: HiFiBerry ADCDAC+ Pro HiFi multicodec-0 [HiFiBerry ADCDAC+ Pro HiFi multicodec-0]
Subdevices: 0/1

1 Like

Okay - in webconf navigate to HARDWARE->Kit, select “Custom” then press save.
Navigate to HARDWARE->Audio and enable “Advanced Mode” then change Soundcard to “Custom Device” and Jackd Options to: -P 70 -t 2000 -s -d alsa -d hw:STUDIO -S -r 44100 -p 256 -n 2 -X raw and save then reboot.

Let us know if this works.

4 Likes

Heartfelt thanks Riban … everything worked perfectly and right away. Let me tell you that you are great! I wish you a Merry Christmas

4 Likes

@stefano.bellotta that is good news - yay!

I would like to add this as a card in webconf. Will you please navigate to webconf HARDWARE->Audio, enable “Advanced view” then click on the ‘+’ button below the title “Mixer Controls”. This should show a screen with each ot the soundcard’s controls. Please take a screenshot of that screen and post here. Also please select all, copy and paste here as text. (The former so I can see the data formatted correctly, the lattter so I have the actual text values.)

Cheers

I hope I understand what you requested from me. Otherwise, do not hesitate to ask me to integrate. Thanks again Riban

@stefano.bellotta thanks, that is what I asked for but not what I need :blush:.
@jofemodo is there a simple way to obtain the parameters required for mixer controls?