MicroDexed - DX7 to go

Well we should have an electrical certificate,
We definitely sent someone down to check but to be frank in all the work round here I quite forgot about him . . .

Perhaps the vultures got him…?

With Brexit I expect we will return to good old 240V a.c.

2 Likes

5v is the new 230V

1 Like

Hi Roger, will the adapter board work with the version I have? If so, how much is it?

Hi Leonard,

Yes, it will. Depending on the revision of your audio board you may have to add the resistor (which is a bit fiddly).

It’s a light small board which may fit into a letter. But (AFAIK) it is now no longer possible to send letters with contents other than paper - even in the EU. So it may only ship within a small parcel. :frowning:

I will contact you via PM for more details.

Regards, Holger

so… any DX7 dexed action on a pi pico yet? just a thought.

Hmmm, I am not sure if this would be worth of doing. Only the sound engine maybe not a problem with less voices… I think it’s like the port towards the ESP32: works but you have to strip the FX chain and perhaps use fewer voices.

Yes, the T_4.x is much more expensive, but you get out much more sound.

Greetings, how can I assign faders to Teensy pins for example Reverb? Horus? Release, Cotoff,Attack,Delei,OSC,Resonans/

Hi Aleks @rozhok,

I think I know what you want to do… integration of MicroDexed into your famous keyboard?

This is feasible, but MicroDexed is currently not prepared for it. Currently some parameters are changeable by MIDI-CC. I am currently writing code for a free mapping of MIDI-CCs to a method (fx-parameters or also synth parameters).

Using Teensy pins means you want to connect pots? Then you need pins which can read analog values (i.e. are ADC capable). Some pins of the T_4.1 are already used for MIDI-I/O, I2C, Encoder, I2S. If you need more ADC pins than the rest of the free ones you need to add (external I2C) ADCs (this is what Simon has done for TSynth). After reading the value from the ADC you have to call the right function for changing the parameter.

For the synth engine of MicroDexed you can find the methods in the callback-function for the MIDI-CCs. But you can also use other methods from the used Audio objects including every parameter method from MicroDexed (see https://codeberg.org/dcoredump/Synth_Dexed).

But, as I wrote, currently it is not directly supported.

Regards, Holger

Hello, I’m trying to assemble with a display MicroDexed

Dexed port for Teensy (3.6/4.x with audio shield and LCD or OLED display)

This is a port of the original Dexed/msfa engine (see https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed and https://github.com/google/music-synthesizer-for-android) to be used on a Teensy-3.6 or Teensy-4.x.

The current state is: Stable version is up and running. Development is near production so a switch to version 1.3 is nor far away. Next generation is located here: positionhigh/MicroDexed-touch - MicroDexed-touch - Codeberg.org. Can you please tell me which pins to connect to?

XPT2046_Touchscreen

Ah, you mean Marks fork for the version 2.x of MicroDexed?

This is the pinout for the display:

HtH, Holger

3 Likes

is it possible to add a CV/gate input to this?

Perhaps, yes. I never tried it. But if there are some free ADC and digital ports pins you “only” have to build the voltage adapter to 0…3.3V and add some logic to the main loop for doing something with the values.

How is polyphonic playing in the CV/GATE-world organized? Using several CV/GATEs in parallel?

Regards, Holger

1 Like

i dont really know to be honest, but for most of my purposes, it mono is enough… as an idea though, I have seen devices that take a second CV value to determine what kind of chord/scale/arp should be played.

Hello. Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

In ear Microdexed with bluetooth midi support please :zynthianic:

2 Likes

We are currently porting Dexed to Circle - a SDK for using a Raspi as bare metal (without OS).

The current project state is located here: MiniDexed at github

With a Raspi 3/4 you can get 8 DX with 16 voices and reverb. Currently it works but is still in development state.

Volunteers are welcome :grinning:

3 Likes

Oh I see, you’re saying it can’t be done?