MicroDexed - DX7 to go

Hi, tell me how to find a MicroDexed build diagram - DX7

Do you mean a build manual? It’s here.

Regards, Holger

3 Likes

Thank you!

This video:

is a nice comparison between the original DX7, the commercial but very good software emulation DX7V by Arturia and the open source Dexed (whose sound engine is used for MicroDexed).

Have fun!

1 Like

Thanx a lot… one day, a comparison video involving microDexed ?

Interesting.

On some sounds, for example the harpsichord, I will prefer Dexed… on others, I would prefer Arturia…
But most of the times, the différences are not sooooo big…
And what the video doesn’t tell is : which engine was Dexed set to ? Mark 1 ? Modern ?

Concerning microDexed, Holger already knows that I find its sound pleasantly warmer than Dexed… (I mean, Dexed on MY computer… from one computer to another, I guess it might sound different, depending on the sound card)…

But it’s true that Arturia UI is gorgeous…

I hope so… I am searching for an old DX7. If I can’t borrow one, I use my DX7II (which is known to have better output converters).

BTW: I also now have an Arturia DX7V license, so I can make a similar comparison.

Regards, Holger

3 Likes

Hi!

Now the Teensy-4.1-Adapter-Board is ready! After getting the PCBs I noticed that there is a 100 Ohm resistor needed in the MCLK line for Rev. A and B audio boards… so it’s a little bit tricky to add it to the adapter - but not impossible:

Added to MicroDexed it now looks a little bit untidy (note the tablecloth!):

But it works very nice! Two instances of 16 voices with FX are not a problem. Perhaps 24 or 32 voices per instance are possible?!?!

Regards, Holger

9 Likes

… and now there is also a small build manual for the adapter.

4 Likes

Hi @ll,

there are some kits available if you want to build your own MicroDexed for Xmas :santa:. Also the Teensy-4.1 adapter board is now available.

Regards, Holger

3 Likes

How much? What does it contain and what else needs to be supplied?

I sent you a PM.

230V for the soldering iron…

1 Like

So that what we’ve been doing wrong … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Dungeons 46 throu’ to 59 … JUST PLUG UM IN!!!

Are you sure that there is 230V socket inside your primitive dungeons ?

1 Like

Well we should have an electrical certificate,
We definitely sent someone down to check but to be frank in all the work round here I quite forgot about him . . .

Perhaps the vultures got him…?

With Brexit I expect we will return to good old 240V a.c.

2 Likes

5v is the new 230V

1 Like

Hi Roger, will the adapter board work with the version I have? If so, how much is it?