Midi in not working

hi, my midi din in doesn’t work, is there something I have to modify or install after installing the image on the sd?
I tried inverting midi socket and the diode too but nothing work, I use the same schematic as my teensy interface and updated the resistor, 220 ohm before 6n138, 470 ohm between 6 and 8 pin of the 6n and 1k resistor from pin 7 to ground, do I missed something?

Hi, it works for me according to this scheme: 220 ohms, a diode, 220 Om is a midi input to the microcircuit. With a Raspberry pi diode, and a capacitor at +, 220 Om, the input is at + 3.3 volts,

You use also 220 ohm after the 6n138? And where goes the second diode please?

I can t read values on this schematic, seems that the files was compressed, I can t zoom in :frowning: thanks for help btw !

THe zynthian MIDI schematic . …

2 Likes

thanks but I only have 6n138 here :frowning:

It’s the pretty much the same thing . . .

I could just swap the opto and use same resistors values? sorry I m not a professional electronician! I learn all via git hub :frowning:

Yes. IT’s easy to get hung up on these differences but it’s going to work, unless of course there is something else wrong like a bad solder joint. The pin outs are the same . . .

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/1338208/Everlight/H11L1/1

http://i2c2p.twibright.com/datasheet/6n139.pdf

it appears the 6n138 is actually an 8 pin device but it’s similar if you ignore pin 1 & 8 … .(if it has them, I don’t remember ever encountering one with 8 pins) Yes it’s that confused. :smiley:

thanks I ll check all this! I always control on breadboard before soldering! really thank you for your help!

do you know if there is something to edit to enable midi in? by exemple if I use custom wiring in the web conf where must I edit my wiring (midi input, output…)
sorry Zynthian is a bit confusing for me and I m lost between the blog, the GitHub, the discourse…

33503667a662a359918b75f6d9547f0704bf0a59_2_520x500

!

It’s just that the problem is with the details, so I’m doing what I’ll find out of. As the saying goes, I’m making out of shit and garbage.

sorry I don t understand what you mean?