Midi Learn without real buttons

Hi fellow Zynthians,
I am a long time reader first time poster. First of all thanks to everyone here for making such a gorgeous device. I have a built a custom Zynthian with just a 7" touchscreen and an audio injector soundcard. Today I wanted to test my newest toy, a Behringer FCB 1010 foot controller to play around with Sooper Looper. I searched through the forum and youtube and found only two very brief videos of how the midi learn feature should work. Since I am lacking the buttons I tried a midi keyboard and a usb computer keyboard. The buttons on both work but how do I get the midi learn question marks to turn green to be able to teach my foot controller buttons. If I press on Midi Learn on the touchscreen then the question marks appear. If I press a button on any of the two keyboard that action is performed (back/layer…). I suppose this should turn the question marks green on a real zynthian. So how can I use the Midi Learn features with just a Midi or Computer Keyboard? Do I need to change the Zynthian wiring option to anything other than dummies?

Thanks
HansDampf

Hi Hans, welcome
Have a look at the wiki

1 Like

And now it works :slight_smile: Still have to configure the foot controller to send cc messages instead of program change. This video helped me a lot to understand that topic:

Thanks
HansDampf

1 Like