Midifilter: ignore all channel messages / use wildcards?

Is it possible to block (ignore) an entire MIDI channel in the filter without the need to define a rule for every event type ? I have multiple devices communicating over MIDI and I do want to block certain channels from routing to avoid loops so something like IGNORE CH#9 (without further arguments) or IGNORE CH#9 * would be very handy.

Please, describe in a detailed way your setup … perhaps we could find a better way.

Currently there is no way of blocking an entire channel. You have to define rules for every event type:

IGNORE CH#2 NON#0:127
IGNORE CH#2 NOFF#0:127
IGNORE CH#2 CC#0:127
IGNORE CH#2 PC#0:127
IGNORE CH#2 KP#0:127
IGNORE CH#2 CP
IGNORE CH#2 PB

Anyway, blocking an entire channel could be useful. Please, create a feature request on the issue tracker and i will try to implement it ASAP:

Thanks,

Blocking an entire channel or even channel range can indeed be useful. OTOH generating the required text rules for every channel is not that big a deal, especially when you compare with this:

auracle

Note the lack of “select all” and such. To block everything on a single port, that’s 112+11 clicks on the mouse, and that potentially x2 to handle both input and output. On a device that can have several dozens of ports.

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Done:

and
2 Likes

There is an option on the Zynthian’s Admin for blocking “Sytem” messages. It’s also on webconf’s MIDI optons. But there is no rule on the MIDI filter system :upside_down_face: