MOD-DUO -> Zynthian <-> Guitar

Hello! I’m new with mod ui.
This afternoon I just write the gorgona img on my sd card and did some modification to use it with my presonus iTwo.
It works well, but I noticed few plugin to use the guitar as mod duo.
Could I dowlnload plugin and pedal board from git hub and use them with zynthian or do I have to compile them on my raspberry? If I have to compile could you tell me what is the right way to do it.
I want to make a zynthian for guitarrists.

Hi @rpeng,

I am not fully sure, but I think that MOD-Duo and Zynthian both use armv7l as CPU, so they may be binary compatible. But if this really will work? Give it a try.

My personal opinion is to compile plugins directly on the Zynthian. Why? Because than I have control about the optimization of CPU/FPU flags.

You should take a look at the recipes:

Quite a nice idea. But (IMHO) for a live session the Zynthian needs to have more external (foot-)controllers to use it with a guitar. And I am pretty happy to have a heavy case and displays at my MOD-Duo on stage (and yes: the case of the Duo is more beer resistant than my Zynthian cases :joy:).

Have in mind that the “normal” audio shields for the Raspi are having a line input! For connecting a guitar directly you need a kind of preamp, because guitars have a high impedance output! The MOD-Duo has some really good pre-amps for this…

Regards, Holger

Hello,
Yes I know about the impedance but I want make a fet preamp with a switch for instrument/line signal.
The problem is that in gorgonia image I can’t find some effects that I saw in some zynthian presentations such as the tube screamer and other that are in the mod gallery.
I would like put them in my pedal boards.
Do you know if are there in a zynthian repository?

For foot controller the best imho is to use a midi pedal board.

Perhaps they are in a different set of plugins from Guitarix. You can try the following:

ssh root@zynthian.local
 cd /zynthian
 git clone https://github.com/dcoredump/zynthian-recipe.git
 cd zynthian-recipe/recipe
 sh guitarix-new.sh

This installs some additional plugins for guitarists (After installation you have to restart MOD-UI!).

Regards, Holger

It’s building up a list of various pedal boards & controllers (including the many, many home builds) and making the composing of a MIDI rule for them simple.

Not tried it yet. I should.

Hi,

for midi I suggest this project:

http://potulfx.blogspot.com/2011/04/midifoot.html

I use it and it is very cool…I used it in some live show…

Good! Installed…
I can’t find the gxts9.lv2…
I tried to use the lv2 from moddevices: the gui works but the plugin cannot used.
How can I compile it on Zynthian?
I found the sources in zynthian-sw/plugins/guitarix/src but I don’t understand how compile the ts9 with the mod gui.

It seems that gxts9 is inside the “normal” huitarix package. So do the same as before but with guitarix.sh.

Regards, Holger