Multi Boot & Build Script

Hi,

Just wondering if the build script is up to date. My plan is to install a base os in PINN/BerryBoot and run on that if possible. Really need to have this ability on my current SSD based setup.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jay.

Hi @JaySom!

Welcome to zynthian forum! :wink:

The “Buster” setup script is up-to-date, as it’s used for building the nightly SD images.
I don’t have any experience with NOOBS/PINN/BerryBoot etc. but don’t hesitate to ask about the setup script, and please, keep us informed about your progress.

Regards,

Awesome, I read somewhere on here that the kernel used is an optmised low latency one. Will the script also install that? I’ll be playing around later on so I will post my progress and hopefully at the end of it an image that could be used with Berryboot and PINN could be shared.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

We’re not using a low latency or realtime kernel on the default image.

Jack runs a a realtime process on the standard kernel and thats enough for what we want. Realtime kernels are useful if your dealing with micro second timing, we’re way slower than that at tens-of-millisecond accuracy.

Not quite. The audio clock period is approximately 20 microseconds and we want low jitter but the overhead of realtime kernel does not give tangible benefit and in fact has detrimental affect on performance in our use case. I believe that low latency has been applied to the standard kernel for some time now.

1 Like

Thank you for your input, really appreciate it! If I get this working properly I’ll post an update, thanks again!