"Music is the best"

Well done @Lumm !

These 1010music products looks pretty cool. Are you happy with the blackbox ?

I startet with trying to produce music about 2 years ago. First I was amazed by the great flexible opportunities of gear you can buy. I didn’t want to sit in front of a computer display so I decided to go DAWless and first bought the Roland MC 101. This item can do everything but soon I recognized, that there is awful menu diving for simple effects. I sold it because I hated the workflow.
Last year I changed to Zynthian Kit. Great, magic project with endless possibilities! I am an open source fan for about 30 years now and want to support this kind of free minded community work.
But: The Zynseq-part doesn’t also fit to my personal workflow behaviour.
The 1010music Blackbox is a perfect solution for me as a non professional music noob :slightly_smiling_face:. For example it is very easy to record an instrument from Zynthian and use it as instrument to play on Blackbox. Also you can record longer parts played with Zynthian and arrange and trigger them. It is possible to only record simple drums, a bass, a lead, a pad and create very different tunes.
I really love the easy intuitive accessible quick workflow on Blackbox combined with the endless magic on Zynthian instruments.
Also the 1010music company and the community around is very helpful and gives many updates to their products. The build quality is also very, very high.

I can hear a pack of @riban liveried crows, ravens and homing vultures trying to locate you on the zynthian map as we type…

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback René.

That’s what I’ve heard from some users too. But I really ask myself on how reliable and practical all these mini jack connections (for audio/midi in/out) are.

I live in Koblenz, Germany. One moment… what’s is there outside… Aaaaahhhhhhrgghhh :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t resort to such heinous measures but any feedback on workflows that might benefit our quirky sequencer are always gladly received in the appropriate Discourse topic.

1 Like

Yeah right . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxsG3BxLjajRYB5VDnfrVfbP8QElFxVoB9

Just heard Denise Coffey has died (unconfirmed as yet)

Wouldn’t work on Commercials and probably my all time favourite radio comedy performance as Dorothy in the Wordsmiths of Gorsemere…

Theres a small sample available here …

Incredible !

I can’t believe it: Robert Wyatt performing “Sea Song” solo on piano.
:gem: :gem: :gem:

He’s even more touching when he’s a bit out of tune
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Worth it for the musical intro alone…
After a brief introduction to the subtle art of gear cutting, I suggest you jump forward to 21:34 for some more of the era music and to see one of the deftest transitions of subject you will ever see !!

1 Like

Apropos old stuff and music: Who also thinks the very old movie (1959) “Some like it hot” (Marylin Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemon) is one of the funniest movies ever?

3 Likes

A German band with a french name singing in spanish. A classic one from the 80’s.

I can’t tell how much I have danced on that tune. Early and dirty electro …

1 Like

Yesterday I visited a live concert in Cologne with the amazing dutch Rockband DeWolff! It was a great evening with great people. I really, really needed it after this long COVID break. I managed to shot a very short video. But you will find lots of complete gigs of DeWolff in high quality on YouTube if interested.
Dewolff live (very short), Köln 21.04.2022 - YouTube

1 Like

I bought this album today!

I remember how, as a child,

• I was scared by “Timewind” album cover. Brrr :cold_face:
  • I was fascinated by this synth music

RIP mate.

1 Like

Mishra with Rolling English Road…

Saw them at a bluegrass festival. . .

It’s ANOTHER poem driven song, see Dover Beach passim.

Nicking lyrics from English poets is dead in !

2 Likes

I heard Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah playing in the new series of Bosch.

Apparently, 5 Grammy nominations which made me curious as to what categories, who else was nominated and who got the awards seeing someone as talented as Christian did not. He has been nominated three times in Contemporary Instrumental Album. Some pretty sketchy wins in my opinion but some gold in the list of Nominees that you may not have come across.

Cassette tape, though ?

He’s doing it wrong. No pencils or tape eating cheap players involved. No back to back tape dubbing or recording MTV off the TV. Or leaving tapes in the car during the summer heat to get those genuine tape stretch effects :>

There are two Supertramp songs that always sound wrong to me because they don’t have that momentary pitch shift that I learned to love when I listened off cassette on my coach journeys in the nineteen eighties.