"Music is the best"

3 Likes

A touch of this particular piece of European joy…

5 Likes

Good ol’ PFM: spearhead of a then thriving Italian prog scene! :+1:

They are now producing adventurous concept albums again, with most of the people from the original 1970s-80s line-up, and (logically, I would say) contributions from Ian Anderson and Steve Hackett.

1 Like

They (still) Dream of Electric Sheep :ringer_planet: :flying_saucer:

https://youtu.be/cTNWfWUMLU4

I had the honor of listening to some live concerts of the P.F.M. … They are fantastic musicians. I believe (and it’s not nationalism) that the multi-ethnic origins of southern Italy have created a wonderful sound, both in Jazz and in Fusion music… Then we have Sanremo which lowers the average of Italian musical culture… Let’s move on from Verdi and Puccini to Laura Pausini and Fedez… very very very sad. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I really like Italian Prog-rock: Premiata, Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, Area, Metamorfosi, Le Orme, Il Balleto di Bronze, etc.

I did a cover of Impresioni di Settembre a couple of years ago, great song.

But,that being said, I like Laura Pausini, is a great pop singer.

1 Like

Music makes our body vibrate with different frequencies. Everyone has his. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I get bored if a piece is not harmonically rich… I’m not saying that I’m better at it… it’s my taste that is different. However Laura Pausini works a lot abroad and quite a bit in Italy. I am however allergic to Sanremo :wink:

Back in 2016, I too recorded (for fun) “Impressioni di Settembre” with all the REAL instruments (drums, electric guitar and Bass) and played by me… unfortunately the voice too… :grimacing: :grimacing: For the solo I used Arturia’s MiniMoog.

6 Likes

Given Riban’s appreciation, I found the courage to attach the complete song… :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I listened to it whist doing a Duolingo Spanish lesson. Your (almost mournful) voice being faded in and out by the app when I needed to listen or speak added an extra dimension to today’s lesson.

1 Like

… I don’t know if this is a compliment… but already the fact that you listened to this piece entirely sung and played by me (with all the drum tempo defects) while setting up my recording room in the new house, it honors me. Thank you

2 Likes

stolen from here.

1 Like

I love this man and his group…fabulous musicians.

Very, very, very humbly I’m trying to make a base for this song… isn’t it that among you there’s a drummer or a good electronic midi programmer who wants to collaborate?

The bass line of my recording is that of the studio version that I like best… with a more South American rhythm. I accept criticism and advice.
Brani Gruppo.pdf (3.8 MB)

2 Likes

I never appreciated, while he was alive, that we had a true poet among our stars up here in the Great White North.

1 Like

No dress rehearsal.

2 Likes

And what about congratulations ?
first of all thank you, I’ve (re)discovered Pino Daniele. As you know, he makes me dance since I was a teenager and what a great artist.

Most of your cover sounds really good especially at the end with trombone and winds around 2:30

But if you insist :rofl:

1 Like

I found this perfect playlist for learning Italian:

2 Likes

and now The King !

et à l’italienne:

2 Likes

Thanks le51…You don’t know how happy this makes me
With Pino you learn Neapolitan more than Italian… As an Italian who lives in the north, I think the most beautiful dialects are:

1. Neapolitan (forever number 1)
  2. Tuscan (very nice)
  3. Roman (beautifully scurrilous)
  4. Sicilian (wonderfully archaic)
  5. Sardinian (a language that has nothing to do with Italian)
    Neapolitan has great musicality, but, without Pino, there are no musicians left who blend this “language” with jazz, bossanova and all my favorite genres.

Netflix used “Ahead By A Century” as the theme tune to their series Anne with an “E”, together with some terrific paintings by Brad Kunkle:

Me wife is addicted to the show. :>