"Music is the best"

This is a group that has now disappeared (at least in Italy)… produced by Franco Battiato, made up of Italian musicians and an Arab singer.

1 Like

This… is a poet and a great musician…
Unfortunately the masses know only one song of this great artist here in Italy (which during the concerts Ivano says he hates…)" La mia banda suona il rock" :roll_eyes:

Folder

Unfortunately for those who don’t speak Italian there is a spoken intro…

1 Like

Hi @Lanfranco :slightly_smiling_face:

Come on: please, do not speak so poorly of the otherwise good level of the audience in Italy! :wink:

I have been listening to Ivano’s music for a long time, among quite a few enthusiasts in the Tuscan city where I live, and I can truthfully certify that the man has always been welcomed by elated cheering and (several) sold-out gigs, like a cherished musical superstar.

Shame that the exquisite fabric of many of his lyrics is hardly attainable to non-Italian speakers.

The piece attached here is, in my opinion, a valid example of Fossati’s literary melancholy and pensive detached elegance.

https://youtu.be/43oyr3YxqB8

You are probably part of the minority who appreciate Fossati and who know more than just the usual commercial piece about him. try asking if anyone knows Fossati and you will see that they answer: “YES!!! la mia banda suona il rock!”
Same thing for Pino Daniele… “O’ scarrafone”
Luckily we are all musicians here… that’s why I spend so much time in this forum… :heartbeat:

1 Like

I see your punk lambrini girls, and I raise you a lumbrusco kid!

1 Like

Chill man!!! Go rural…

2 Likes

Authorities are concerned regarding the increasingly anti social behaviour of Eurovision hooligans.

But… I don’t see Wyleu on the train!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Eurovision has no place in this post. This post is about music. The best music.

Living as I do, in Cheshire, we have the dubious pleasure of watching this caravan of camp pass through our green and hallowed land on its way to that slough of self regarding slothfulness, the tattered bits of our island, that socially frayed at the edge midden where we keep the indolent, pocket picking, dribbling masses that couldn’t write their own names without crayons whilst they aren’t pointing at planes flying overhead.

In short, I’d rather attend the dentist than attend eurovision and that’s before it’s taking place in a city I wouldn’t choose to visit if it dispensed happy pills which is probably it’s major claim to fame.

But that’s just my opinion,shared as it appears to be with our honoured colleague from Tooting.

2 Likes

I had no doubts that a REAL artist avoided certain animal gatherings…
Music is something else…
Great Wyleu. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll be backing Voyager, the prog synth-metal band from my home town in Western Australia.
As Zynthian users it is our duty to support whoever makes the most EPIC use of synths and keytars… :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of endlessly repeated sequences… but this is really cool… :crazy_face:

1 Like

My ex got to watch him in Coventry Cathedral . . .

I saw him in Catford…

I was in a very receptive frame of mind.

1 Like

Now for something completely different: New Song of Dawn Brothers and DeWolff from the Netherlands:

2 Likes

Surely the UK eurovision entry…?

Other than infinitely repeated sequences… I don’t even like infinite turnarounds… But this gentleman with the Philip Morris Super Orchestra and an almost unknown pianist… Ray Charles… I’ve seen them live in a theater in Bologna many years ago.
:star_struck:

2 Likes

I found this video, and the Dreadbox/Polyend Medusa that it tells us about, pretty interesting.

But the reason I’m posting this is a quote from Bob Moog at the 6 minute, 53 second mark, (or t=413 in YouTube terms). I tried to copy the link at that point, I don’t know if it will actually work, and I can’t tell from the preview, where it definitely doesn’t.

He’s talking to you @wyleu!

1 Like

I really like these modern instruments… But in the end my favorite has only one sound… but that’s it…

images

Doesn’t even have pitch bend?!

1 Like