New audio board: Audio Injector Ultra sound card for the Raspberry Pi

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1250664710/audio-injector-ultra-sound-card-for-the-raspberry

Hello,

The Flatmax Studios launches a new kickstater project: Audio Injector Ultra sound card for the Raspberry Pi. The user are the same the AudioInjector, AudioInjector zero and AudioInjector Octo.

The Flatmax Studios kickstarter projects are cool because it accepts suggestions for improve the project

This is a unique live project where you get to have input on the live re-designs. Our past projects saw many redesigns guided by YOU ! With your help, we finalised a product which was much more usable. Please drop comments on our campaign and feel free to visit our support/discussion forum

In other thread, some peoples called about issues in the AudioInjector zero quality. In the description of the new project, informs that

This is an ultra high quality ultrasound card

Maybe is interesting call the issues about Audio Injector zero with the Zynthian.

The thread that I comment above

@jofemodo, @guysoft, @wyleu, @mheidt

1 Like

Low impedance for electric instruments!
And grounding.

Posting here: http://forum.audioinjector.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4528&p=7675#p7675

Also pledged

1 Like

I have just pledged to the project. It seem interesting to have both stereo input and output. I want to connect my guitar to Zynthian! Hehehe

Another pair of sound cards for the collection…

So please also tell people on the audioinjector forum you want an instrument input. It means you need a different impedance (high z). See here.

Seems they are re-launching…
Ultra 2

Without headphones.

2 Likes

Wow DC capable so can pass voltage to CV/modular stuff, although Ive only seen Ableton Live output DC, but there must be others. That would really great.

Got one, it came with the unsoldred headers and no 40-pin connector, so will update. Has a pre-amp, I wonder if that would do well with my electric voilins.

1 Like

I’m got one too. I’ll wait for your initial impressions and then mount. I’m short on time!

I will take time,

Need to find a 40 pin headerx and time to solder

40 pin header chase can be quite entertaining.
Which ones are the official zynth one’s ?
Making hats able to stack nicely is quite reliant on header dimensions especially if you go for long pis so they can stack.

Same problem here. Got one but no time :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

it seems that we share the same problem: New cards, but not enough time.

I am currently setting up my boards and wonder what pins the Audio Injector Ultra 2 card actually uses for communication with the Raspberry pi as I do not want to wire all 40 pins because of space constraints in my box.
Can anyone point me to a resource, where the pins used by the cards is described?

Sadly, I was not successful posting the question to the AI forum.

In the video there is a picture in the end. It shows, how the card sits on top of the raspi.

Is input just on Pi I2S soundcard really neccessary? Maybe USB soundcard with line or mic inputs are enough? Sampling and processing sample adds some latency anyway, ADC on I2S bus doesn’t help with this. USB soundcards with inputs are common and afaik sound data exchange with USB card is standardized.

I don’t buy Audioinjector BC of input.
The zero and ultra are giving you better design options because you can place the jacks better.
It’s cheaper and I like Matt :slight_smile:

I’m finishing a Zynthian kit now, and also have the Audioinjector Ultra.

I believe that this 40 pin header will do the job to connect the Pi and the sound card:

Pololu part no. 2748, details here: https://www.pololu.com/product/2748

For Australian builders, this part is available from Little Bird Electronics and Core Electronics.

The same in my Zynthie :wink:

I added Ultra Support in the webconf.
But you need to call sudo rpi-update to get the new overlay.
@jofemodo will add this soon. But in case, you want to play the next days.

I fried my card, because I had issues to apply the 40pin.
So I am curious, if somebody made it work before I order a new one.