New build black screen

Hi again,

@jofemodo I have done the following.

Recreated the forks zynthian-sys and zynthian-webconf

Created a new branch for the display named dis_owootecc35 in both repo’s.

Created a clean SD image of Zynthian

Added the remote in both directories locally in their respective repo (e.g. in /zynthian/zynthian-sys)

git remote add buddhafinger https://github.com/buddhafinger/zynthian-sys)
git fetch buddhafinger
git checkout -b dis_owootecc35 buddhafinger/dis_owootecc35

After updating the zynthian-sys and zynthian-webconf to the new branches on a new clean instance I rebooted.

The new display option is displayed, however when saving a 500 internal error is returned.

Additional info:

• I can confirm manually testing the proposed changes on a clean instance works without error.

Current config:

• zynthian-ui: stable (09580e)
  • zynthian-webconf: dis_owootecc35 (699024)
  • zyncoder: stable (7c0973)
  • zynthian-sys: dis_owootecc35 (3c231b)
  • zynthian-data: stable (006a07)

Any advice to progress this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, you can

1. stop webconf:

systemctl stop zynthian-webconf

1. launch it by hand and look at error messages:

/zynthian/zynthian-webconf/zynthian_webconf.sh

too see where the error 500 (server error) comes from

1 Like

Perfect, thanks, I did have a quick scan over the system logs. I’ll do the manual start and hopefully that will shed some light.

Cheers.

See error below, tbh at this stage I’m none the wiser.

My branch is using the default of the fork which was ‘testing’ is this correct and did my test / deployment method look OK?

Thanks.

ERROR:tornado.application:Uncaught exception POST /hw-kit (192.168.0.41)
HTTPServerRequest(protocol=‘http’, host=‘192.168.0.27’, method=‘POST’, uri=‘/hw-kit’, version=‘HTTP/1.1’, remote_ip=‘192.168.0.41’, headers={‘Host’: ‘192.168. 0.27’, ‘Connection’: ‘keep-alive’, ‘Content-Length’: ‘54’, ‘Cache-Control’: ‘max-age=0’, ‘Upgrade-Insecure-Requests’: ‘1’, ‘Origin’: ‘http://192.168.0.27’, ‘C ontent-Type’: ‘application/x-www-form-urlencoded’, ‘User-Agent’: ‘Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0 .4844.82 Safari/537.36’, ‘Accept’: ‘text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,/;q=0.8,application/signed-exchan ge;v=b3;q=0.9’, ‘Referer’: ‘http://192.168.0.27/hw-kit’, ‘Accept-Encoding’: ‘gzip, deflate’, ‘Accept-Language’: ‘en-GB,en-US;q=0.9,en;q=0.8’, ‘Cookie’: ‘advan ced_view=1; user=“2|1:0|10:1649362296|4:user|8:cm9vdA==|21ef481f302cd5a428945c0ca2d6755462f5edb536fbb4ff882b27382996692a”’})
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/tornado/web.py”, line 1346, in _execute
result = method(*self.path_args, **self.path_kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/tornado/web.py”, line 2626, in wrapper
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/pi/zynthian-webconf/lib/kit_config_handler.py”, line 77, in post
errors = self.configure_kit(postedConfig)
File “/home/pi/zynthian-webconf/lib/kit_config_handler.py”, line 147, in configure_kit
errors = self.update_config(pconfig)
File “/home/pi/zynthian-webconf/lib/zynthian_config_handler.py”, line 202, in update_config
zynconf.save_config(sconfig, updsys=True)
TypeError: save_config() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘updsys’
ERROR:tornado.access:500 POST /hw-kit (192.168.0.41) 101.63ms

The error is pretty clear :wink: But i can’t understand why …
Could you verify that all your repositories are on testing? This should include “zynthian-ui”, etc.

Regards,

1 Like

Crystal :slightly_smiling_face:

:pray:

You can’t mix repos on stable & testing. All your repos should be in testing.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll perform what I believe are the needed changes and report back.

Cheers.

Well, this has been quite an adventure =)

I migrated all repos to testing and saw similar errors as what you can see here

I then tried the official testing repos and had the same problem.

I then performed a software update via the UI and reverted webconf and sys repo’s to my forked testing branches with the following results.

• The Owootec display is now available in the display options
  • Selection and saving the new display does not result in an error
  • The LCD works as expected (screen / menu visible)
  • The Touch screen axes are correct for 270 rotation.

Additional detail:

The original image source was from this link with the image MD5 below:

MD5 2021-09-25-zynthianos-stable.img) = 871267b0b953410438cce4ca1fc146b7

The tested updates are in the testing branches of forks zynthian-webconf and zynthian-sys

Please let me know how best to proceed in regard to submitting pull request.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Bravo :clap: :clap: :clap:

I will give a try to your mod this evening or during the weekend.

1 Like

Hi @le51

Any success in testing the mod? I’ve performed multiple tests since and had varying results primarily due to other non screen related issues after moving everything over to testing branches, the screen however works as intended.

I feel the testing probably sits better with someone more well seasoned on the Zynthian repos and testing process.

I’ve finally managed to carve out some actual time to give my working Zynthian a proper try yesterday with the Keystep 37, only scratched the surface, but loving it already. Next step will be to upgrade the soundcard and 3D print a case =)

Cheers.

Hi @Buddhafiner .
Sorry, I didn’t find any free time these days to test your commit. And now I’m on vacation …

No problem, thanks for replying and hope you have a nice vacation!