NEW: Control-device manager + controller device "drivers"

Do you have launchpad mini mk3?
Or is it the pro version? In such a case, what is the name of the device port, as shown in the zynpad when selecting controller?

Yes, mini MK3. I always have two options: “Launchpad Mini MK3 MIDI 1” and “Launchpad Mini MK3 MIDI 2”. The first one never works, with the second one i’m able to send midi messages but i have to set up every pad in Novation Components . And the session mode is not working.

1 Like

OK. It seems not all mini MK3 use the same port names. I will add a fix.

Done!! Update and test, please.

Regards,

1 Like

Oh, yes!
It’s perfect, thank you!

2 Likes

Could you send me the factory MIDI configuration for the nanokontrol-1?
I mean, the complete list of MIDI assignments for each fader, rotary and button. I would like to add a driver for it, so it works out-the-box, without tedious MIDI learning process. I would need the MIDI port name.

Thanks

@riban has written a control front end for both the nanocontroll 1 and 2

Sure, i’ll send you the MIDI docs i found for the controllers i have: nanoKontrol1, nanoKontrol2 and nanoPad2. I couldn’t find anything for the Arturia Keystep 37.

This is great news! It probably deserves a youtube demo vid just on this new functionality. Glad to hear nanokontrol is getting added

1 Like

You could use the MIDI log for getting the rev-eng the map. Simply move each fader/control and push each buttons, taking note of the event it generates.

Regards!

A collection of default settings for the devices will be useful. If the controller has been altered it would be useful to collect the factory defaults to allow some degree of standard starting points for these devices.

With Korg devices, the easiest way is to download Korg Kontrol editor, wich manage several controllers. The factory templates are included and it’s possible to choose a controller inside the software, load the templates and check every assignment to pots, faders and buttons. This is possible even without the controller itself.
This seems impossible with Arturia Midi Control Center without having the controller connected. But there are only four knob (x 4 banks) so i can easily take screenshots of the MIDI stuff.

The KORG Kontrol editor

And the screens for Arturia Keystep 37 MIDI commands.

2 Likes

Not sure if @Nicolaz sent these already but here are the Nanokontrol 1 & 2 midi implementation documents:
nano 1: Downloads | nanoKONTROL - MIDI Implementation | KORG (USA)
nano 2: Downloads | nanoKONTROL2 - MIDI Implementation | KORG (USA)

When I searched last night I could not find similar documents for arturia keystep series. When I get my zynthian running again (having problems after rebuild), I can try the MIDI log method to get some information for the keystep.

Super Nicolaz!

Could you send the default mapping for all 4 scenes (nano control-1 & nano pad)? I suposse it’s different for each one.

Nano control-2 seems to have a MCU mode, so i will try to implement a generic MCU driver that would cover a bunch of devices.

Regards,

I have understood that one port is for daw and the other for “classic” midi in the doc of launchpad x, it should be the same for yours ?..

Yes. The mk3 is like that. Not the mk1&2

Ok, here we have all the default settings for the Korg controllers.

NanoKontrol. In scenes 1, 2 and 3 the MIDI channel is set “per scene” and by default is 1 in every column. In scene 4, the CCs are the same (except in the transport section) for the type of control (slides, buttons, knobs) and the only difference is the MIDI channel wich goes from 1 to 9, as i added in yellow text. I suppose the scene 4 is perfect for a mixer.

NanoKontrol2. Korg removed the scenes and one channel, so we have only one basic set up with different CCs and the MIDI channel set to global in every column.
By default, the MIDI global channel is set to 1.

NanoPad2. We have four scenes with Note command for every pad in every scene an global MIDI channel, wich is set by default to 1.

1 Like

Thanks @Nicolaz Nicola
for your big effort.
It is highly appreciated.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

Maybe if you run Windows OS but for some of us that is more challenging, hence I wrote an editor for one of our more excentric friends here in Zynthianland. I don’t have one of these devices myself but apparently this blind coding works!

3 Likes

Hi,
i just tested the Launchkey Mini Mk3. I switched the device back to factory presets and switched my Zynthian Official Kit V4.6 to testing in repositories, hit updating a few times and restarted a few times. There are two devices shown in the zynpad options: “Launchkey Mini MK3 MIDI 1” and “Launchkey Mini MK3 MIDI 2”. Both of them are not working. Probably the same problem that Nicolaz had with his Launchpad?

2 Likes