New Engine: Pure Data

Hi @emji-1!

I just implemented this 2 days ago. Update your zynthian and try, but I had to modify some patches too because some of them didn’t receive all channels. If you have modified some of the included patches, it wont be updated. In such a case, change the name of the modified patch and update again.

Regards,

12 Likes

A work around for pd-extended here https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=142307 hope it helps

Very nice @jofemodo. But where should I get all the time to learn about PD :wink:?
The relax-generator-sound is very cool!

Regards, Holger

2 Likes

jajaja! I’m customizing a “drone generator” that will kill your ears … :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe I should have posted this here instead. There is a program which chains PD patches together now for the Organelle (which I knew nothing about until watching this). I don’t know if it’s immediately relevant - or if we essentially can already do this? I don’t know much about Pure Data either.

Don’t know what it was exactly but I couldn’t get the PD update to show up. Re-flashed latest image and tried updating a few times and it finally worked! Really awesome, yeah the generative patch is very, very nice! Just in case anyone else had this trouble, keep trying!

thats fucking amazing Fernando!

and yea the organelle… for long I was asking myself if you could get the organelle sounds on the zynthian aswell?
I once downloaded the standard patches and played with them on the computer and I loved them!! But they always need this mother patch, will this be a problem?

1 Like

I’ve not tried organelle patches. I know that it includes a special patch for integrating with the Organelle UI.
For integration with zynthian UI i’ve prefered to use a YML config file.

Perhaps we could create a wrapper-patch that replaces the organelle’s one. It shouldn’t be too difficult :wink:

Kind Regards,

1 Like

hi i just changed a few patches from organelle to zynthian

pow wows polybeats
nori sampler

these are huge fun!

just place into /zynthian/zynthian-my-data/presets/puredata/synths/ and unzip.zyn_presets1.zip (2.6 MB)

5 Likes

Woaooo man! These presets are really funny!! :wink:
Could you add a volume control (CC7)? I would like to include it in the zynthian repository as example patches. I suposse there is no license problems … Am i right?

Regards,

will do. no all open source as far as i am aware.:slight_smile

here we go

:PD_presets_vol-fix.zip (2.5 MB)

2 Likes

this is excellent news, i’ve made several utility patches with pd for live use (on a laptop)

Can we use the OSC object on the ethernet port ?
Zynthian could help as a OSC<>Midi bridge then

1 Like

I’ve not tried yet, but it should work :wink:

Regards,

1 Like

Just let my zynth play the generative relaxing patch from the new layer PureData.

It’s very Laurie Anderson.

Excellent!

5 Likes

There are a lot of interesting PureData patches awaiting for zynthian integration :wink:

Love your comment @wyleu , but it shows your (our) age! :smiley:

1 Like

Ha! you youngsters…

We did a set of bad Beatles songs last night (Octopus’s garden, Yellow Submarine etc … )

The bass guitarist ( a young chap who hasn’t managed to grow a beard yet), had to just follow the chords cos HE DIDN’T KNOW THE SONGS??? . . .

I’m getting old :smiley:

2 Likes

Ha, Ha! Reminds me of “Let’s all get up and dance to a song that was a hit before your mother was born…” Likely, your bass player doesn’t know that one either! Would have loved to see you play, but alas, I’m in Canada.

Haha! Thank you for mentioning her! OT a bit but her show Alive From Off Center, and it’s title theme music AND graphics, was a HUGE influence on me when I was like 8! It would come on at something like 12AM after Doctor Who so we accidentally taped it and then intentionally started taping it! Also how I learned about The Brothers Quay (in 1988!) Would LOVE to re-create this theme now. Probably only have one episode on VHS somewhere now… (Also, there’s a huge (?) aka niche movement right now in generative music using analog and digital modular eurorack etc with digital modules, a lot it sounds like this patch!)

1 Like