New feature: Peak Meter on status bar

I am not a Python man. I think there is a folder or a file with pyc extension. I’m on a business trip so not with a Zynth today.

Python builds .pyc files from py files which in modern versions end up in the cache directory. If a .pyc file exists then that is what will be run rather than the reinterpreting of the .py file. In proof of this people actually used to distribute only .pyc files so people couldn’t see the source in the .py files. It doesn’t work cos it can be inferred from the .pyc file. It disappeared as an approach round about the time the python bastion concept was quietly junked .it all serves to keep it faster.
However if you have out of date .pyc files then this can cause problems. It’s a pythonista’s last act of desperation when things are behaving strangely to kill app the .pyc files so they get rebuilt afresh. I’ve even known it actually solve problems . . .

:smiley:

FYI, i never found a situation where a needed to delete the pyc files and i’m constantly tweaking with several zynthian boxes, lots of SD images, etc.

Regards,

Yes but I’m Messi as it’s possible to be . . .

:pleading_face: