New Feature: Simple MIDI Recorder/Player

I’m thinking about it … :wink:
Anyway, the current MIDI/Audio recorder tool is a temporal workaround until we have something better (a kind of u-DAW).

1 Like

Im’ starting to really like it for convenience sake. The zynthian swiss army knife approach really benefits from the quick record/play/rename/download chain… . .
The only issue I find with it is using the GUI to drive it. If it’s controlled from i/0 pins then you only have the function start up time to handle for loops.

To start adding trimming etc from the gui …
1/ So we could either count down against a metronome
2/ Auto Detect start of sound . . .
3/ Prime the record and use a i/o ( I don’t think you can be entirely accurate with an encoder button push as you can with a specific button especially for a footswitch, I play with a guy who is very good at looping, I 'm keen to see how he deals with it…
4/ Make looping/not looping a webconf option ( not that there’s any shortage of those … -) )

1 Like

Anyway it stops if you leave it looping long enough … :smiley:

But stays in play mode :smiley: :smiley: ! Presumably a level of try except, and a whole bundle of what to do in such a situation, restart from start …??? fail over to silence and clear the playing status would probably be preferred… .