New Layer Option: Note Range + Octave Transpose

Hi @zynthianers!

I just committed a new feature that simplify the task of splitting the keyboard. It allow to specify a “Note Range + Octave Transpose” for every layer (channel). Combined with “Clone”, it’s a beast of splitting + layering :wink:

zynthian_ui_note_range

Simply update your zynthian and bold-click a layer for accessing the layer options …
You can adjust the range using 2 encoders and also with your keyboard.

Enjoy!

15 Likes

Could the other encoder be an overall transpose ( +/- 12 semitones)?

1 Like

Good idea but maybe call it “note transpose” or similar to align with the “octave transpose” title of the other encoder.

1 Like

I would also like to draw the honourable gentlemen’s attention to the rather excellent arrangement of a keyboard along the lower edge of the display . . . . :innocent:

Horses for courses :stuck_out_tongue:

You read my mind, @wyleu!

zynthian_ui_note_range

I removed the old “transpose” stuff and add it to the new Note Range modal.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Halftone? May I suggest changing it to semitone?

1 Like

Canaries & Parrots . ???. … It all canaries and parrots in there . . . .

no wonder we have problems !!!

1 Like

Done!

zynthian_ui_note_range

6 Likes

thank you very much for satisfied my request !
Zynthian now can substitute an expander rack on live gig!!!

3 Likes

I love it, @jofemodo! It looks very clean and professional.

1 Like

Tell me when you test it :wink:

It’s pretty neat that you can set the keyrange by pressing the actual keys.

It’s also a bit annoying when you are trying to find the right octave for your bass.

But the keypress feature should stay.

:zynthianic: :face_with_monocle:

Go Zynthian! :zynlogo:

7 Likes

You cant set the range from the GUI screen. Probably not too relevant from a touchscreen, maybe more so for a mouse user …

If mouse on enable keyboard range selection…? might get a bit contrived and touch screen might not be a good place to enable that …

Thoughts?

1 Like

Thats feature is so great. I was in a battle with midi filters, this saves me a lot of time, thanks so much.
I’m not very good plaiyng keyboards, I make the insolence of start practicing Tarkus. I make a lot of mistakes but I think I will be able of play the full song without mistakes before die :smile:

Tarkus.zss (26.0 KB)

I used two keyboards in Channel 1 and 2. The only problem that I have now is not with zynthian but in my Keyboards is very difficult to change the MIDI Chanels.

6 Likes

thats really nice!

:zynlogo: :zynlogo: :zynlogo: :zynlogo: :zynlogo:
Zarkus is absolutely zynthianic, man!!! Thanks!!