New looper

Love to hear and see an example of that

Thanks for your reply.
I can’t find anything called free running mode.
There’s a knob saying reset mode. But it only gives numbers. What are these?
I’m running it as a plug-in. Not in mod ui. That doesn’t work on my Zynthian.

Sync / Free Running modes are automatic. When the plugin detects a clock it will run in sync mode, i.e. will start when it detects input and loop after the configured quantity of bars based on the clock tick, otherwise it free runs, i.e. will start when it detects input and loop when a switch is pressed.

Hi folks,
sorry if im not at the right place,
i’ve been looking at options to make some looper, and i found this:

Did you already see that before?

This seems pretty interresting, but i don’t know what i should look for to see if trying to set up that with Zynthian makes sense or not.

1 Like

This is interesting. We have a few loopers in Zynthian already although none of them are perfect. I don’t think (but may be mistaken) that this new looper offers anything more and does not solve the core issues we have with the existing ones including control of the looper and integration with the Zynthian user interface.

I think Zynthian needs just one looper (not the several it currently has). One looper that works well and is easy to access, configure and use. It is within grasp but requires some effort to integrate it. Volunteers? Maybe we can define our requirements here or in a GitHub feature request (e.g. #35, #37, new feature request).

1 Like

Sooperlooper is my candidate for this. Not the lv2, but the full server versión, controlled by OSC. A customized UI is mandatory:
A perfect candidate for the upcoming “user extensions” :grinning:

1 Like

Would love to bring the Looperlative plugin to this platform, but forcing people to use a computer for the UI is far too limiting. There needs to be a way for a plugin to output information on LCD display. The simplest would be if select control outputs would appear on the display.

@Looperlative , maybe have look at Zynthian user guide if you need to see how the UI looks like and how to use it.
https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_UI_Users_Guide

1 Like