New note commands

I think, you have changed the list of note commands.
The list in the Zynthian User guide does not work no more.
e.g. if i send “select” the zynthian switches to seq/pattern.

Please update the list of note commands in Zynthian User Guide.

Hello Zythianers,
I don’t know, what I’m doing wrong. But no one answers. That makes me so sorry.

Ok. I’m using a raspi V4 without any knobs and encoders. I try to control it only via MIDI.
That did work for a time, but since the last “stable” (2022 11 01) it doesn’t work no more. I’ve tried the last new downloaded Image yesterday. The actual build date is 2023-08-25.

And because of my updates I made with the older “Stable” I ruined the SDś and now I have no running system that I can work with.

The most important thing is the ‘select switch’, no# 57, Note A4. If i send this note on Midi Control Channel 16, nothing happends. The other commands seem to work wonderful. But there is no reaction with Note A4. And so I cannot enter into further options like “New Synth Chain” or others.

If you read this, please help. Thanx

1 Like

Hi @Micki

A4 should still be mapped to SELECT. There is a neat new method of mapping these in webconf’s MIDI Options. Enable Advanced View and select Master Key Actions then you are presented with a pianoroll allowing viewing and editing of the key mapping. Please check your current mapping and if it is correct then let us know. I can’t test this today - sorry.

[Edit] I was able to test and can confirm that A4 does not trigger SELECT action when using the default mapping. This looks like a bug.

1 Like

Good morning riban,
I know the piano roll and the fields where I can add the keyno#, the purpose and the parameter in the webconf’s MIDI Options… (but I don’t know how to use it).

It would be nice to solve this bug. I’m looking forward to hear good news.

Hi @Micki ,

SELECT CUIA is not what you think. It highlights an element in a list You should try SWITCH CUIA, with 3 as parameter (4th knob switch). With this you will get full emulation of short/bold/long switch action.

Regards

1 Like

Ok, in the last years ‘select’ selected the wanted items. But ok.

Now I do not find the SWITCH CUIA and do not know how to handle it. In the end I need a midi command with a channel (16), a CC and a value that I can send to my device. :rainbow:

1 Like

Try ZYNSWITCH

2 Likes

Yes. ZYNSWITCH :blush:

1 Like

Dear @jofemodo and @riban ,

thanx for helping. This was the solution.
Have great succsess with V5! :bouquet:

Now I use A7 Zynswitch 3 for ‘select’. :+1:

2 Likes