New sound card: Dacberry One

Hi everybody,

I ordered this card (DacBerry One) early last summer and it has been in a drawer for months. Now I decided to play with it a bit.

I was looking for a soundcard with a built-in headphone jack rather than using additional electronics to get this feature. This card has also digital optical output as well as digital inputs (moving jumpers as the card has no separate connectors for this purpose).

Well, I must say that is not so easy to setup for me. The installation guide is here

The link provided to setup in Jessie OS doesn’t work. However, as explained in the same guide for Volumio, IQAudio DAC+ profile works (I used the unvaluable and amazing Webconfig tool). Using that profile I got audio output throught RCA connectors…and also throught the headphone jack, which was my initial goal.

Now I wonder how to take the most of the card…if it is possible without dying in the attempt :wink:. Perhaps someone of you has a helpfull advice.

BTW, I was testing using a fresh and updated latest Gorgona Next.

Regards,

Jose.

2 Likes

Great, @smespresati ! I know the OSA’s people, as they have their headquarters here, in Barcelona.
I’m trying to get some test unit for testing …

Exactly, what do you want to do? If i have understand you, the card is fully configured and working …

Kind Regards,

Hi @jofemodo,

The card is not fully functional. So far, what it’s working is the analog RCA and headphone jack using IQAudio DAC+ profile, as stated in designer’s setup guide (until he provdes his own one…I hope soon).

Designer also states the JustBoom Digi (at lest for Volumio software) should be used to get optical output working. In Zynthian doesn’t work: the boot process takes a little longer and ends up in Zynthian splash error.

Here some ssh comands snapshot which are for IQAudio Digi but are similar to JustBoom Digi:

Speaker-test command (ssh) works.

By the way, I can see red light in the fiber cable. Any help about it is welcome.

Next thing to try is setting up for digital input, althoug I cannot imagine how this feature can be used in our Zynthian box. Any idea?

Regards, Jose.