New Staging (pre-stable) release: 2109

OK, so I needed to write the new image, then update - all done now.

I can’t get a MIDI map to work with FS now. As soon as I create the mapping (for whatever CCs) the sound stops. I can see M icon for the MIDI coming in (providing it’s not just a pitchbend, he he) but no sound comes out. When I remove the mapping the sound is back. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Gonzo

After an update to staging-2109 branch the Zynthian does not restart and hence does not pick up the new behaviour. Upate was performed with webconf.

@jofemodo , thanks for the fixes on the M icon and the MIDI FX. Both work well.

Gonzo

I plan to release the stable-2109 by the end of this week. Please, keep testing!!
You can download the latest staging-2109 sd-image:

https://os.zynthian.org/test/2021-09-14-zynthianos-staging-2109.zip

Regards!

2 Likes

@jofemodo , did you see the issue tracker about the snapshots on the web interface?

Gonzo

HI All! My setup uses a Rpi4 and a Waveshare7 Touch Display. I am testing the headphones by itself and the Generic USB Audio using an Presonus Audiobox… I do not have an audio board. With release 2109 I get no audio from Sfizz and I get scrambled audio from the other synths. I tried 44.1k and 48k and I adjusted Alsamixer to no avail. Maybe I forgot to setup something. I will download the 0914 release and post my settings in the morning when I get to my office. Sam

Tried the 2109 staging branch again and still have an issue when using a mouse for input. Clicking on any menu item doesn’t select that item, but instead selects the currently highlighted item. To use a mouse you need to use the scroll wheel to move the highlight to the item you want, and the click anywhere on the screen to select.

I’m not up to speed at all with github, issue tracking and suchlike to flag it in that way :unamused: . Maybe I need a crash course in githubology?:sweat_smile:

i can confirming the same problem with mouse and Zynthian over VPN.

Hi ! I made a very quick test of the latest staging image (burnt with Etcher) with a Zynthian 4.4 official box not connected to the Internet. I’d get the splash (after maybe 20 seconds), then black screen, then nothing. (waited for several minutes). After a reboot : same thing.

I reverted to the stable image and it did work perfectly.

Could it be related to the fact there was no ethernet cable plugged ? (I can indeed see “error” displayed temporarily which is apparently due to this)

Looks like using the touch screen directly also has the same problem

I installed from 2021-09-14-zynthianos-staging-2109.zip then performed an update.

There is a problem with noVNC - the launch.sh script is missing.

Sep 21 15:58:07 zynthian systemd[753]: novnc0.service: Failed to execute command: No such file or directory
Sep 21 15:58:07 zynthian systemd[753]: novnc0.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /zynthian/zynthian-sw/noVNC/utils/launch.sh: No such file or directory

Hi @jp8 !

I’m investigating your issue report.

Regarding the stable release, we are almost there. Yesterday i got my changes on sfizz merged on the main development version:

I was awaiting for this before releasing the stable-2109 because i want sfizz installed from deb package, so we can keep updated easily. I will test the next nightly deb-build from sfizz repo and if it works fine, i will release the stable-2109 tomorrow :wink:

Regards,

3 Likes

The noVNC developpers has changed the script name from “launcher.sh” to “novnc_proxy”. I just fixed everything, so simply update and test.

Regards,

One option is to have your install scripts checkout a specific commit from his repository

We tried this method some time ago, but it’s a burden of maintain. So the current policy is:

• install/update latest versions on testing & development
  • keeping package versions on stable, Only update a package on stable when it’s needed for hotfixes.
  • test carefully the staging versions :wink:

In such a way we keep updated to the last on development & testing what allows detecting any problem introduced by a package update as soon as possible. Just like it happened with the noVNC issue :wink:

Also, we have recently created a deb repository for specific/customized zynthian packages. This repository has stable & testing branches too. Currently only a few packages have been added but we hope to grow the list, so we install fewer packages from source code.

Regards,

1 Like

yes it is working now - thank you !

The stable-2109 has been released:

New Stable-2109 release:

Regards,

4 Likes

This is evident in the released stable version. I have reported as issue #525.

1 Like

I had a similar issue when using USB audio. I could not re-enable RPi headphone audio after I disabled it in the menu. Sam