New testing image Bookworm Oram 64bits

You should use the device name and not the alsa hardware number. The latter is assigned dynamically and can change, e.g. if you have a different set of USB audio / MIDI devices connected.

Yes! I have been hanging out for this. The fixes were in later versions of VNC libraries that we benefit from by moving to Debian 12 Bookworm. The previous versions were horrible with screen tearing, etc.

This is likely related to how we manage chain content which is more logical and gives the ability to be more pragmatic about what is loaded / unloaded but I am a little suprised it has such an impact. Let’s take the win of this lucky accident!

I had almost forgotten this. The use of quavers or microphone to distinguish between MIDI and audio inputs and the MIDI channel are useful features that we should document. I am glad you like it. I think you are the first to mention it.

I too find this odd. I will let @jofemodo explain but I would prefer a full word if possible.

MULTI is short for multitimbral and describes a MIDI mode. (This is standard MIDI nomenclature.) Each MIDI channel is mapped to the associated chain if that MIDI input is in MULTI mode. This means you could have an external MIDI controller that sends different messages on different MIDI channels controlling different chains. You may use an external sequencer to drive Zynthian for example. (But who would do that when we have our wonderful zynseq??? :wink:)

Absolutely! We did this previously and put it here. We need to do this again. Volunteers are really welcome to help us with this. It takes a lot of time to document a project and the reward is often not as evident as adding new features or fixing bugs so it can often be left unfinished.

1 Like

I am completely overwhelmed by ZYNTHIAN with ORAM. (sounds romantic now that I read it).
Installed on my PI5 with Scarlett on USB and updated to the latest version.
Insanely FANTASTIC!! Last night, inspired as I was, I immediately made a guitar and vocal song and tried to record it…
Unfortunately… :frowning: … ZYNTHIAN is trying to write to SCARLETT USB card0 and not to the USB memory disk…
How do I define that audio is written to the USB memory card?
Thanks a lot all!

(By the way I still did not get my HIFIBERRY dacproadc working in Bookworm… also not by adding ‘,slave’ in the config.txt :frowning: )

Fortunately I found a way to record:

Goto USB memory drive

cd /media/root/ZynthianRec/
jack_capture

GREAT that wil work for now.

PS I noticed that when using modep/patchbox/pistomp (accesible by MOD-UI on the web page, that you have to switch the ‘CAPTURE IN’ on the ZYNTHIAN OFF. Otherwise the audio comes from the card AND via modep processing)

I update ORAM after 1 month of inactivity.
How many changes !! Bravi.

My disappoint is that all sf2 are still not sorted i alphabetical order so for my use is a mess. When could you fix it?

(and touch screen om my V4 is still not working)

The touch issue is solved here:

They are now! Please update. I have only sorted the sf2 banks, not the presets. I think we need to consider what order we sort presets.

1 Like

Shouldn’t this be fixed in zynthian update process?

1 Like

Hello Lanfranco, I also cannot use the encoders exactly like you. There must be something to correct in the software since it’s in beta. Let’s give it time; I’m sure they will resolve it.

Many thanks @mnovaro

That reminds me, is there a way to retroactively record something?

e.g. have a recorder with a circular buffer a few minutes long which constantly records.
When the recorder receives a trigger, it dumps the contents of the buffer to disk and keeps recording to disk until a period of silence.
This would let you play around and when you play something good you can record it after the fact without having to record everything. In addition to that, it would mean that every recording has something meaningful in it at a known offset.

I’ve seen a tool called Braindump that can do that for MIDI but not one for audio.

Good evening, I can’t scroll through the engine categories “synt, piano, acoustic, etc” in Oram as the trimmers don’t work. Is there an alternative way to scroll through them without attaching a keyboard to the USB?

Yes, on my Raspi 400 I using keyboard arrows. Except for the Rpi 400, my Zynthian only has an HDMI USB 7" LCD panel and a Behringer 404HD

EDIT: and you can set it by Key_Bindings

We want to implement this for audio and MIDI but have not done so yet.

2 Likes

Then I think I’ll have to wait until the trimmer problem is solved. Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

after update sort works

but touch screen does not

No! Currently you have to manually fix it as described by @jofemodo but I would like to see the fix added to the update mechanism.

Sorry I have not read yet about the manual fix

It is possible to swipe left and right through instrument categories using the touchscreen (or with Oram’s much improved VNC access)

1 Like

I look forward to it, thanks :smiley: