New "testing" SD images

Hi @zynthianers!

I just started to release “testing” images again, but in a different way than before. The first one is available at:

https://os.zynthian.org/2021-08-26-zynthianos-testing.zip

https://os.zynthian.org/2021-08-27-zynthianos-testing.zip

This “testing” images wont be released on a nightly basis but when something new and interesting is added to testing branch. I have 2 reasons for doing like this:

• Running the script that generates the updated SD images is a good “test” for validating the update process itself.
  • As a result of running this script, we get an updated SD image, that is useful too as it offers an alternate “easy&safe” method for testing the new features without running the update process that sometimes is prone to fail.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Hi @jofemodo ,
is this testing image the same as the one we can get while being on the testing branch that is available from Webconf ?
Cheers

Yes. If you update at the same day/time the image is generated and the update works fine :wink:

Hi jofemodo,

I updated today from stable to testing via web-ui. Now Jack2 is not starting:

Aug 27 11:48:23 zynthian jack_wait[4400]: Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Aug 27 11:48:23 zynthian jack_wait[4400]: Cannot connect to server request channel
Aug 27 11:48:23 zynthian jack_wait[4399]: Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Aug 27 11:48:23 zynthian jack_wait[4399]: Cannot connect to server request channel
Aug 27 11:48:23 zynthian jack_wait[4399]: jack server is not running or cannot be started
Aug 27 11:48:23 zynthian jack_wait[4399]: JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
Aug 27 11:48:23 zynthian jack_wait[4400]: jack server is not running or cannot be started
Aug 27 11:48:23 zynthian jack_wait[4400]: JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock

I find the Error: Alsa Device Name from my [Generic USB device] has changed from “Device” to "ICUSBAUDIO7D ".
Now I can confirm, that all things are working for me :wink:

ToM

1 Like

Nice!

If you tell me yours device brand, name and any other specific configuration you set, i could add it to the list of supported devices, so you don’t need to customize the config in the future.

Regards!

Great! I have tested it with:
Alsa Device Name
"ICUSBAUDIO7D " : LogicLink UA0099
“UR22” : Steinberg UR22

Ok thank you :+1:

No Upload to sfizz SFZ possible! Any help?

Are you using the webconf for uploading soundfonts?

In such a case, if sfizz is failing to upload, you could try LinuxSampler, as they share the same soundfont storage.

If it fails too, you could try uploading with SFTP directly. The destiny fodler should be:

/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/soundfonts/sfz/XXX/your_soundfont

where XXX is the bank/category for your soundfont.

Regards,

Could you copy your full audio configuration from the webconf?

• Soundcard Name
  • Driver Config
  • Jackd Options

Thanks

Hi @4tm !

I’ve fixed a bug related with SFZ installing. Could you update and try again?

Thanks!

Soundcard Name: LogicLink UA0099
Driver Config: empty
Jackd Options: -P70 -t2000 -s -dalsa -dhw:ICUSBAUDIO7D -r44100 -p256 -n3 -s -Xraw

Soundcard Name: Steinberg UR22
Driver Config: empty
Jackd Options: -P70 -t2000 -s -dalsa -dhw:UR22 -r44100 -p256 -n3 -s -Xraw

1 Like

Could you add some “alsa mixer controllers” to the config? At a minimum, the audio input & output levels should be configured by default.

Regards,

alsamixer say UR22 has no controls. Controlled only by Hardware knobs.
For LogicLink UA0099 it try to leran, how it works… I usaly adjust the levels with alsamixer once. I work only with MOD-UI. I’m here, to find a replacement for my MOD DUO :wink: