Newby: how to connect with VNC?

Yes this works. now I have:

so what’s next to get the native UI of Pteq?

1 Like

If you have this in XQuartz, you can now just open a new Pianoteq layer in Zynthian UI (via VNC for example)

Okay, succes! But Native UI Pteq is extremely unresponsive. On a MacBook Air sept '20 with BigSur & Xquartz. When I quit Xquartz Zynthian stops giving sound, have to reboot.
I will try it on my older MacBook Pro with a ethernet connection & cable.

1 Like

Screenshots …? :smiley:

Pianoteq UI over X-forwading is painfully slow. It for worse with PT7. If you are on WiFi it will be unusable and even on wired connection it is poor.

So I experienced. Not a big issue. Maybe in the future is is possible to incorporate some more Pteq parameters in the Zynthian UI.

you can now just open a new Pianoteq layer in Zynthian UI

Hi there !
It’s a two year old topic but well…
My Zynthian work
My VNC windows work
Xming is running
Putty is running and i’m logged
Putting the command xterm -bg black -fg yellow & make a window pop into my computer

But nothing pop if I clic into my Zynthian device into my Pianoteq75 or DrumGizmo channel.
What should I have to do is not clear for me. But what should I have to expect is as the captures above… so I do something wrong but don’t know what.

I would suggest not using X-forwarding but instead use VNC which works a lot better. When VNC is enabled there are 2 VNC servers running. One will present the main Zynthian GUI. The other presents a “desktop” which can show the native GUI of each engine / plugin. Both are accessible from the INTERFACE menu in webconf.

1 Like

Thanks !
For some reasons, the webconf/INTERFACE buttons leads me to a blank page.
But VNC is working great right now !
I set VNC server to zynthian.local:5901 (and was trying 6081 because of the http://zynthian.local:6081/vnc.html link…)

1 Like

6081 is the port that Zynthian uses to present the VNC session embedded in a webpage. There is also the raw VNC server on port 5901 that you can connect a VNC client to directly. It is strange that you don’t see VNC in the web browsers. Maybe something is blocking it or your browser doesn’t support it.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation :slight_smile:
I use chrome on all my devices.
But it’s a good to know information. Is it worth to add it to the wiki pages for a little more dummy beginners (like me) ?

Like this?

1 Like