No sounds from the 1/4" outputs (soundcard)

looks like pins 16,17,18 are shorted. THis could be the problem.
From the schematic pin 18 is the reset pin and is connected to +5V whilst pins 16 and 17 are both used in the Address selection and should both be tied to 0V

That bridge is going to put a dead short on the +5V line which is not good news. Unless of course things have changed but that would be an explanation.

1 Like

Yes, that seems to be the explanation.
I’m able to solder conventionnal componants, but not SMDs :frowning:
@jofemodo proposed to replace the board (I would return mine also).

What’s the best thing to do ?
Regards

The analysis seems right. Brave @guys!!
@fschenckel, you could try to remove the tin excess with a solder iron and cupper-mesh. Anyway, if you don’t feel comfortable doing it, i will send you a replacement and kindly ask you to send-back the faulty unit, so i can fix it.

Thanks!

Hi,
OK, it’s really small, but I will give it a try this week.
It cannot be worse I guess :slight_smile:
Regards

Things can always get worse :wink: unless you believe Dr Brian Cox and his D:Ream cohort!

Did you fix it?

Hi,
Sorry no, I didn’t find the time by now. I will probably try this evening.
Regards

Good luck! A solder sucker generally works wonders!

Huuuh, too bad, I moved for 2 years ago and while I could find my soldering iron, I’m not able to find nor the solder sucker nor the cupper mesh I had :sob:

A deft flick with the soldering iron can achieve miracles, or failing that a bit of aerial cable braid can work effectively as a copper braid ( if it’s copper)

Have you anyway of checking that there is no longer a short circuit?

Hi @fschenckel !

Could you fix it?
If not, i would send you a replacement. No problem at all.

Regards,

Hi,
Sorry I was busy with other things. I tried, but I couldn’t manage to remove the solder excess between pin 2/3 and 4.
I’ve seen you sent me a new card ? Thanks a lot !!!
Give me an address where I can send my card back to you.

Thanks a lot !
Regards