Official kit V4.5, choice of hardware [SOLVED]

Hello, I am French, sorry for my writing I use translate (Google)

I just bought an official Zynthian, the latest version I think. I assembled it without problem (it was missing four small screws :confused: ).
I would like to know which peripherals to select to have the right configuration. I put peripherals at random, it works, but I don’t know if it’s the right ones!
This is what I put:

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4
Soundcard: HifiBerry DAC+ ADC PRO
Display: ZynScreen 3.5 (v1)
Wiring: MCP23017_ZynScreen_Zynaptik
GPIO Expander: MCP23017

I had already used the SD card with other Zynthian configurations.
Are these parameters the best for the official kit?

I hope this question hasn’t been asked before (I searched, but found nothing)

Thanks for your help.

You can select the right kit from webconf HARDWARE->Kit which selects each component. In fact it stops you changing individual components.

Hello Riban,

Thank you for your answer, I did that and it works pretty well. But I rephrase my request, how to choose the right hardware in the software? Several solutions work and I want to know which choice and the most suitable for the official version of Zynthian V4.5.

Good Sunday

You should select kit V4.

Thank you Riban! It was very simple :slight_smile: I had not seen.
I ask this question because I have a slight and unpleasant noise in my speakers, like a motor. I don’t have this noise with an external usb card (I have an official RPI 4 power supply). I thought that by taking the right driver, I will no longer have this noise, unfortunately it has not disappeared. What do you think ?

Maybe try some different power supplies?

Could you describe the audio chain from zynthian to the speakers? Do you have other devices connected to the same amp/speakers? Are you using the balanced output? Etc .

Thanks

Thank you all for your help.
Well as a last resort, I thought I was going to install a new image of Zynthian and there I will never know why, but my audio problem has disappeared (and I don’t like to know why)! I was scared, I thought the internal audio card was dead. Well, the main thing is that it works correctly. Good Sunday to all !

2 Likes