[OT]... a synth overdose!

A pilgrimage at least once in a lifetime should be mandatory!

https://www.smemmusic.ch/

6 Likes

Why do people shout all the time ?
Why do they feel forced to act as clowns each time they publish their vidéos ?
I would have kicked this guy out of the room…

But sure… seeing an Oberheim OB1, in real…

In a way, there’s something scandalizing that these, probably working, synths are lockdowned inside a museum when they should be more useful in a studio…
And what’s the use of having 10 DX7s or 2 Memory Moogs ? When it’s not to play them, I mean…
Oh… a Yamaha CS series… hello you…

Sorry but, if you don’t kill this excited hyperactive Monnet before the end of the video, I will stop watching…

Sadly without the exaggerated performance these things really do like boring. I also enjoy railway sites (I have a life you know) and trust me the audio guy on steroids is considerably more watchable than Larry from Melton Mowbray talking about the 3d printing issues of manufacturing a British rail class 31 bogie…

1 Like

A British rail classy boogie woogie ??

'I love to boogie,
I love to boogie,
Jitterbug boogie,
British Rail boogie,
I love to boogie,
On a saturday night."

Marc Bolan, revisited…

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about this guy. He does seem genuinely interested and enthusiastic about the stuff he talks about. There is a mix of naivety and a thirst for knowledge that combine to make it a bit interesting. I get the impression he is privileged in being able to afford to play around at this stage in his life, spending lots of money on apparent junk but some of us get these opportunities whilst most of us don’t. I guess I find him more endearing than someone being sent expensive gifts just because thousands of people like watching them open boxes :confused: - I really don’t get that! This guy annoys me to the extent that I tend to avoid watching his videos unless the subject matter is of particular relevance to me or piques my interest. I know that I would bore the tits of anyone watching me talk about hot electron theory!

Yezzzzh… this new tendancy is absolutely amazing… people publishing a video just to show a box opening, that’s purely useless…
When you need to know infos about a product, you find videos about how it is to unpack it… sure, after that you are 100% sure that this product will fulfill your needs…

And this other tendancy which consists in dropping your expensive cellphone from the top of the 6th floor or immersing your powered PS4 into the bathtub and verifying that it no more works…
Maybe one should make and publish such a video of a car, or better, a lorry, rolling on a Zynthian… That would boost the sales…

That’s what we’ve got @MrBroccoli for… :roll_eyes:

I don’t have a car or a lorry?

I was 5hinking of a YouTube session where you beat a zynth to death with a fighting ukelale

1 Like

Look here for stress-test ideas.

The question is ; Is Zynthian grizzli tested ?

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand the @MrBroccoli joke… I sure have missed a few episodes…

S1E4 ‘Testing patience’ wherin Mr Broccoli purchases multiple screens for zynthians and breaks all of them through unfortunate circumstances, hilarity ensues.

1 Like

Marc Feld, later to become Marc Bolan, moved with his family to one of the new Sun Cottages in Summerstown in 1962. @MrBroccoli lives just around the corner from there now!

Well, you can bump and grind, it is good for your mind.

@Baggypants eh eh… I see… and all that without using any car, lorry, Hulk or bear…

@MrBroccoli Thanx for not telling me before 1976… I would have jumped into the first boat or plane to UK…

Well, you can twist and shout, let it all hang out

You mean I should better have jumped into a Rolls Royce ?

no no no, yeah

Would be better for my voice, though…

Oh boy… another song that’s waaay older than I am.

Released on September 8, 1972… :open_mouth: