Pi4!

And this is how policemen end up lazy … :smiley: . . .

More details in (Success Cases).

I’ve two of my children locked in a Xmas dungeon until they get my Pi4 bought, and I’m already considering how I should mount it for stage abuse…

1 Like

Awesome!

Can’t wait for mine.

Endless effectchains!

1 Like

I’m in the process of putting together a v3 kit. Is the v3 kit hardware-compatible with the Pi4 or should I better use a 3B+ for the time being?

Heko

the v3 kit is not Pi4 compatible

Well, that’s just because of the case holes. the electronic stuff all works.

3 Likes

18 posts were split to a new topic: Pi4 and v1 kits

It’s here!

3 Likes

Ohhh! Jojojo!! You will enjoy a lot … the Pi4 is really powerfull!! Running Pianoteq and OBXd without xruns is a hugeeeee pleasure! :wink:

BTW … are you using Pianoteq? I don’t remember you to comment about it …

1 Like

No only Salamander.

Dont want to sink money into Pianoteq just now :slight_smile:

But pi3 just barely runs salamander f.x. if I put some reverb or a compressor on the piano.

So I am looking forward to endless fx chains and OBXd.

Doing mods on my case tomorrow, I’ll post some news on it.

Can you post again here the link for the sd image I need to use?

Thanks.

OK! I also prefer to use Free Software … Pianoteq is the “exception” because the “playing experience” is a huge pleasure. I really admire Moddart’s work, although they use a proppietary license :grin:
I love to feel the sympathetic resonance when playing … if i close my eyes it’s almost like playing the real thing.

Remember that SD-card read speed is also very important when using LinuxSampler :wink:
(I know you remember)

Regards,

1 Like

Maybe when I get a gig where there isn’t a piano I will buy Pianoteq :slight_smile:

Yeah I know. When your fingers really think you are playing something other than your keyboard.

2 Likes

What speed do you recommend? Is UHS1 (Class 10) okay?

My RPi4 has also just arrived today but it is a present from the family so I must wait until 25th… I may just check it works though - to save disappointment :wink:

1 Like

I found this:

http://www.pidramble.com/wiki/benchmarks/microsd-cards

:wink:

Someone wanting to try this trick?

https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2016/how-overclock-microsd-card-reader-on-raspberry-pi-3

It would be nice to test with Salamander Grand Piano on RBPi3 and see if it makes a difference.

It’s on.

2 Likes

Neatest one so far :smiley:

1 Like

I downloaded the latest buster build and it doesnt seem to work.

I just get blinking error screen.

Should I use Aruk?

Make sure you have the right encoders display and sound card selected…

The quickest way to find out what’s going on is log in via ssh (Putty) and kill off the gui (systemctl stop zynthian) then
cd /zynthian/zynthian-ui

and start the gui manually
python zynthian_gui.py

That should reveal where the display code is having problems.