PianoTeq and A440

Hello, I would like to know why the base frequency of my PianoTeq for note A440 is 437Hz and not 440Hz (all other frequencies are offset). Do you have this concern? To overcome this problem, I make presets with a frequency of 442 (442.5 would be better). I looked at Pianoteq.prefs, but found nothing. Do you have this concern? Do you have a solution ? I don’t have this problem with other lv2 plugins. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Hello

I looked on several screens in the configuration of my Pianoteq for the tuning and couldn’t find it. Where did you see that it was at 437Hz?

Would it happen to be on this screen?

Hello, as I heard that the tuning was not right, I measured the frequency of PianoTeq with a frequency meter, which gave me this value. (I hope you will understand, because I use Google translate)

Was your test only on Pianoteq running on Zynthian? Or have you tested other Zynthian sound engines as well?

I don’t have this problem on the Zynthian nor on the MacBook and the iMac… If the problem is for all the instruments, the tune will have to be set in the Zynthian… However, it happened to me with some VSTs (on the iMac not on the Zynthian ) which was out of tune when started, restarting it was fine… probably some midi message out of control…
This happened to me with older Arturia plugins (Synth Modular, CS80, MiniMoog etc etc…)

Hello, this only happens with the pianoteq plugging, it is slightly out of tune and yet the frequency indicated in the software is indeed 440Hz. Currently, I have several lv2s loaded when starting my zynthian.

Hello

I was curious and did several tests here with my Zynthian/Pianoteq to try to replicate your problem and I couldn’t.
Could it be possible that some incorrect setup could be causing your problem?

It’s possible there is a controller with a dodgy pitchbend.

1 Like

Right… it happened to me… but this should affect all instruments and not just PianoteQ… I would try the old (but still functional) Uninstall/Reinstall system… it doesn’t hurt but it can do some good… …

One thing that comes to mind is that you saved a PianoteQ sound after editing it and while editing you unintentionally touched the Tune and now it loads with the saved changes… Stop! my “computer culture” stops here… :wink:

Are you using Pianoteq from near the top of the list of synths or the LV2 plugin version?

You could upload a snapshot (.zss file) to here that includes Pianoteq to demonstrate the problem.

Hello, I didn’t understand the question using the translation. On the other hand, I understood that you wanted to see the contents of the ZSS file of the out-of-tune piano:
http://stephanejoly.fr/data/perso/009-pianoteq-A440.zss

It looks like the pitchbend parameter has been set slightly flat. It has a value 0.49791666865348816 in the snapshot. When clean all then add Pianteq with a Steinway the pitch shift shows as 0.5 (and indeed is saved in snapshot as 0.5). It looks like the Steingraeber presets are tuned down slightly. This may be to acurately reproduce the original piano’s tuning. You can change the tuning back to 440Hz by adjusting the “Pitchbend” parameter to 0.5. You should find it in the “Ctrls#4” page.

3 Likes

Hello and thank you Riban, that was good! It was really a small problem that I should have found on my own :slight_smile: Now everything is in order, thank you very much for your help and to all the other Zynthian users who looked into my problem. Happy New Year and happy new year 2024 to everyone.

3 Likes

Excellent!!!

Do we get a …?

Press the link above if this seem obscure…

I share!!! Everyone is (rightly) happy with Zynthian and no one (some too… me) who plays songs… I’m sad. :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :no_mouth: