Pianoteq update from 6 demo to 7 stage

Hello, i try to set my zynthian with my new licence key (pianoteq 7 Stage). i use the UI to upload the pianoteq_stage_linux_v705.7z .
I get the message:
Pianoteq Action Failed:
Command '/zynthian/zynthian-sw/pianoteq6/pianoteq --activate (MYLICENCE KEY) ’ returned non-zero exit status 2.
Then i reboot, i found the Pianoteq instruments but no sound.
I try with a fresh install, an updade, no PT layer, but same matter.
Is it possible to desinstall PT6 and install PT 7 ( in the message the folder used is pianoteq6 !)?
Is there an issue for a non programmer user ?
Thanks,

Perhaps this thread could help you …

Hi, i try a fresh install, an OS update, no PT layers, an UI upload of « pianoteq_stage_linux_v705.7z », a reboot, an Update preset and an activate with my licence key.

The error message is always:

Pianoteq Action Failed: Command ‘/zynthian/zynthian-sw/pianoteq6/pianoteq --activate (my serial key)’ returned non-zero exit status 2.

If i try a PT layer, all instruments are noted under DEMO, the screen show M logo for midi messages but no sound.

The reactivate button always fail with the same message…

(I use the Zynthian raspberry PI4 Kit, is Pi4 was not compatible ?)

Did you perform Zynthian update and restart after fresh image, before installing Pianoteq?

YEEESSSS, problem solved.
I launched a shell and the journalctl -u zynthian-webconf command
and among the 1000 lines I saw a message that my activation could not be completed because I had not chosen my instruments from the pack.
After their selection on the site, my activation by the UI did not pose any problem.
Everything works … wonderful.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Hi, i try a fresh install, an OS update, no PT layers, an UI upload of « pianoteq_stage_linux_v705.7z », a reboot, an Update preset and an activate with my licence key.
The error message is always:
Pianoteq Action Failed: Command ‘/zynthian/zynthian-sw/pianoteq6/pianoteq --activate (my serial key)’ returned non-zero exit status 2.
If i try a PT layer, all instruments are noted under DEMO, the screen show M logo for midi messages but no sound.
The reactivate button always fail with the same message…

(I use the Zynthian raspberry PI4 Kit, is Pi4 was not compatible ?)