Problem with restoring a data- and system-backup

Hi @ll,

there seems to be a problem with restoring a backup. I installed the last “green” image (2020-04-24-zynthianos-buster-lite-1.0.0.img). I installed my Pianoteq binary (6.7.0) and the License and the latest
KIViR.ptq and bells.ptq. I rebootet and updated the presets. Now I restored my data-backup, which I made right before installing the new image. Reboot. Trying to load my simple snapshot of the “CP-80 soundboarded” does not work:

Apr 26 19:04:22 zynthian startx[464]: File "/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zyngui/zynthian_gui_layer.py", line 836, in load_snapshot
Apr 26 19:04:22 zynthian startx[464]: self.layers[i].restore_snapshot_1(lss)
Apr 26 19:04:22 zynthian startx[464]: IndexError: list index out of range
Apr 26 19:04:29 zynthian startx[464]: ERROR:zynthian_autoconnect: Jack Audio XRUN!
Apr 26 19:04:30 zynthian startx[464]: ERROR:zynthian_autoconnect: Jack Audio XRUN!
Apr 26 19:04:31 zynthian startx[464]: ERROR:zynthian_gui_layer: Invalid snapshot: list index out of range
Apr 26 19:04:31 zynthian startx[464]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Apr 26 19:04:31 zynthian startx[464]: File "/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zyngui/zynthian_gui_layer.py", line 836, in load_snapshot
Apr 26 19:04:31 zynthian startx[464]: self.layers[i].restore_snapshot_1(lss)
Apr 26 19:04:31 zynthian startx[464]: IndexError: list index out of range 

That’s strange because the snapshot were working before…

Any ideas?

Regards, Holger

003-CP-80-Soundboarded.zss (15.5 KB)
000-Pianos.zip (5.3 KB)

Just bumping here… noone any idea? There must be a bug in storing or reordering presets in the WebUI, because that was the last thing I have done before this error happens.

That’s really, bad because if I cannot be sure that the preset organization works, I cannot take the Zynthian live on stage.

How can you check the consistency of the snapshots?

Regards, Holger

Do you do both system & data backup…?

For consistency a short sequence is going to be the quickest way to prove an install. But that does mean rendering it to live outputs.

Yes, but I only restored data-backup because I had trouble when restoring a system backup with my PT license.

I’ve not really used either as I tend to rebuild from scratch. Does anything get loaded at all in the layers, are you starting from a clean zynth? Simple daft questions I know but it does at least set some context.

Clean boot. Trying to load a snaposhot (PT) and while loading (after a few seconds) the screen freezes. I can go “back” and try again: same problem. Some of the snapshots are working. IMHO this is a problem of the consistency of the snapshots itself…

BTW: Uploaded the system backup and after that the data-backup. Reboot. Now NOTHING works anymore. Black screen.

Has anyone tried the restore functions or am I the first?

Regards, Holger

I have tried to install my system-backup on a fresh 2020-04-23-zynthianos-buster-lite-1.0.0.img:
No - it does nothing of what I would have expected:

• Hardware wasn’t restored (I have a v1 setup)
  • Pianoteq not installed (and licensed)

Has anyone tried to use restoring?

Regards, Holger

I used it.
Check the browser console log…F12…

You don’t try to restore old snapshots that are not compatible anymore?