Pupper!

Yall
My new son
but not till Monday.

JUGDOG!

jugdogjugdogjugdogjugdog.

1 Like

Hmm. Someone on Mastodon said “pup in a cup” and that’s been the running thing but I like that. He still has no real name, only the working title of “Bluenose” which had a cryptic role in making him the one chosen for us. His real name might well include Jug in it somewhere. I was a big Archie reader as a kid. Hmm.

He’s not coming from a breeder, apparently Goldens have a much higher risk of some congenital stuff if neutered before a year old, so some friends of my wife had gotten two GRs were not quite careful enough while waiting for the year. Everyone who’s getting a pup is paying a relative pittance and we’ve been watching them grow up from social posts, he’s gonna be an awesome doggo. This lady is extremely dedicated.

Also, her husband wrote a minor hit record from the 80s that most of you probably know. One of the other puppies is called Jenny. That’s all you get. :>

We adopted a labradoodle last summer and he’s been a bit of a handful cause he didn’t get enough work/attention in his first year - lots of love, no abuse, but not enough walks and dog parks and whatnot so his social skills were zero. We also paid a pittance for him and he’s slowly turning into an amazing dog, but he’s still a bit nutty sometime and can be a bit relentless with other dogs when playing.

We are SO looking forward to when he starts to mellow out in another year and this pupper starts doing what he’s doing to older dogs now. :>