Python 3 compatible version of Mididings available

Finally we have a Python 3 compatible and community maintained version of Mididings available. This is great news for people like myself who love this utility / python module to create MIDI processing scripts.
I have already filed a feature request so that this will hopefully become the default Mididings on Zynthian at one point. If you want to install it manually (at your own risk!): The simple installation instructions are in the feature request:

1 Like

This is wild! I’m trying to find information on this library and it seems like it was last updated in 2012 - am I looking in the wrong place?

@dComposer all information on the original “das.nasophon.de” website is related to the old and outdated 2012 version. The new fork can be found on GitHub: GitHub - mididings/mididings: Community maintained fork of https://github.com/dsacre/mididings
And the python archives are already providing the new version. “pip3 install mididings” will install the latest version. And don’t forget to install the boost dependencies boost-python-dev and boost-thread-dev before attempting to install via pip3.

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you!