Razer Tartarus V2 (1/2 keyboard for gamers with some extra controls) as button pad?

I have a Razer Tartarus V2 keypad kicking around doing nothing:

I’m curious if all of the functions of the 20 buttons on the V5 are assignable to the CUIA interface? Likewise, it’s got RGB backlight, how difficult would it be to have them light up properly? What language(s) would one need fluency (or at least, a willingness to work their arse off) in to handle that? Perhaps there’s a driver for a similar device that an astute recognizer of patterns might be able to learn something by looking at?

You should be able to map the buttons off the USB keypad to the same functions that the Z5 buttons trigger or you can map them to trigger the actual buttons which gives you the same short/bold/long press behaviour. (I don’t recall whether that functionality is in stable or testing.)

Regarding LED feedback - you will need to figure out how to drive the LEDs. That may be the biggest challenge. Adding something to Zynthian to trigger this requires some Python coding.

https://openrazer.github.io/ might be what you want.

I’m pretty handy with Python, if I get around to this I’ll probably request a bit more direction about repo to investigate etc. :>

And what about this ?

each button has its own 0.85inch display + RGB led

It’s quiet expensive (73$) LILYGO T-Keyboard-S3 ESP32-S3

Uh, this is giving me ideas :bulb:
Right next time I have some spare time, so… 2025😄

1 Like