Recent videos about zynthian on Youtube

I just discovered 2 recent videos about zynthian and i would like to share with you, if already don’t know about them:

Regards,

6 Likes

Unfortunately there are many inaccuracies in the instructions like the need to edit files manually which can be avoided using webconf and MIDI learn instructions being wrong. Also didn’t explain internal MIDI clock. Good that he is advocating Zynthian but shame there are errors and no mention of the shop / kit.

My belated apologies for my wrongdoings in these videos.
I tried to undo my mistakes in a new video. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like very much the videos but I can’t agree with the latest recommendation: it’s not a learning toy, it’s a real stage beast.

I just want to point out that I’ve been using it for six months in real performances without any problem, in the most diverse scenarios and temperatures. So I can fully recommend it for stage performances. I’ve been using two zynthians, to be precise.

IMHO opinion it’s much better than other options that require a computer with some software running, like Garageband. When you are in a real performance, the last think you need are distractions and failure points.

For the rest, very nice videos!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a thing I need to clarify. I was talking about the contraption I built in that video when I said that. I should have made that clearer. In today’s video, I put the project web page / shop in first place so I hope we’re good now. :wink:

1 Like

I just spotted this was released and came here to share it. I had no idea you were on the forum as well, @mr_floydst !!! bravo!

4 Likes

Thanks @pau! Please, add a comment to Mr. Floyd’s video and tell your experience & use-case.

Anyway, i’m pretty sure Floyd means “his zynthian setup” is a “learning toy”, not a fully finished zynthian like yours :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

@mr_floydst : excellent job. Everything is clearly presented. Zynthian is really well deserved here.
Thank you.

1 Like

The day before yesterday I started playing with Zynthian as a techno synth. First, I looked up the possibilities of how to approach the drums. Tried different engines. I found DrumSynth to be the most interesting. Then I started researching different hardware sequencers and rediscovered the Torso T-1. And in the finale I found Torso T-1 driving the Zynthian V5. I hereby thank Wirebaby for a nice demonstration.

2 Likes

Hi @ToFF !!

Great combo Zynthian + Torso T-1!! The T-1 seems really cool for jamming and live performance.
I will take a closer look to it when we start the “zynseq improvement” season. I’m sure we could “take” some good ideas from it :wink:

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like