Repository for latest testing branch

Hi everyone,

Where do I download directly the current release of the Oram testing branch? (I mean, already including the incremental updates of the green recycle symbol).

The testing OS available on the wiki is the by now old June 2024 release.

Moreover, at the moment I do not remember nor retrace in the forum if the cmdline.txt to check is located in the boots or rootfs partition, of the nvme drive containing Oram. Any help?

Thanks

https://os.zynthian.org/

Thank you @wyleu

A small detail that makes a huge difference, for example it may break the normal Raspberry OS startup from SD, as it happened.

You will almost always have to update after installing because there is so much continual development occurring.

Thanks @riban :+1:

Do you think that pointing at the nvme second partition (the largest one I suppose) in cmdline.txt is still necessary, with the available OS download?

I seem to remember that you or @jofemodo had fixed the wrong meddling of Oram with the system configuration on reboot.

Btw, I am still in doubt as to whether the right cmdline is in boots or rootfs.

Could you please clarify this detail?

(I understand that it might seem obvious from your perspective, but the Linux file system feels a bit confusing at times).

I have not made any changes since I wrote my procedure here. @jofemodo fixed something in the config but it might have been undone.

Alright @riban, thanks,

I will try to follow your procedure (that I remember indeed in the Oram Pi 5 nvme thread) as close as possible.

I have been a few times near to successfully loading Oram, but shortly after it failed. Thus, there must be something wrong in my sequence of operations, that previously must have gone unpredictably well.

It is always safer to try something tested.
Will let you know!