SD card extender

Could someone who has one of those SD card extension cables kindly check how much clearance is required beyond the edge of the main board for the cable, etc? My fraankenzynth is using the DSI connector and the screen cable very inconveniently obscures the SD card slot :smirk:! I’ve got about 14mm clearance from the PCB to the connector on the back of the screen:

1 Like

15cm micro SD card extender orderd :slightly_smiling_face:

I shall report back with details once it arrives…

You get good at it!

I’m interested to know how reliable it is.

It looks like the SD card extender extends by 14mm beyond the end of the Pi main board… perfectly in line with the socket on the back of my chosen display :smirk:

Im currently designing one of this adapters in a shorter format myself, where are you based? Might be able to send you one ( i’m only designing the part that plugs into the pi)

@Pastitas Sounds interesting! I’m in Scotland. The problem is only with the little board that plugs into the mSD card slot so shortening that would solve the issue.

I’ve managed to just get the extender plugged in, and the display ribbon slotted in next to it without breaking anything. So far it’s working fine. The extension mSD slot is the click-in click-out type and seems to be of decent enough quality.

yeah, I’ve had almost exactly the same problem, so I’ll update you with the progress.
it’s so tiny it shouldn’t be a problem sending it in an envelope