Sequencer Live Recording possible?

As @jofemodo usually says, just devote a few bucks to have another SD Card for tests…

2 Likes

HI @dawless !

MIDI-clock sync is not yet merge on testing, same than stutter feature, but it will be merged in the next few days.

If you want to test before merging, you can select the right development branches in the zynthian-ui dropbox:

• feature/ seq_stutter
  • feature/slave_to_midi_clock

Enjoy!

3 Likes

But here be dragons! There are different levels to people’s bravery / foolishness. The least brave stick with stable where they are cocooned in a snuggly blanket and pampered. The more hardy will venture into testing and be ready for the occasional oddity and sudden change of behaviour. The bravest and/or most foolhardy will jump right into those development branches and be ready for nothing to work, maybe for days - or even longer.

Development branches are where we toil and they will break very often. Testing is where we… er… test. It is mostly harmless but will have some flaws and undocumented behaviour. It is up to you where you dare tread.

4 Likes

@riban @jofemodo

Thank you very much. But I have just gathered all my courage and activated testing. I’ll wait and see. But I’ll be happy to test it.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @riban, I think the change has now arrived in testing. First of all, thank you very much. The function has improved significantly, But if you have already described, the note length is still only one step long. I also noticed that the pitch wheel and modwheel are not recorded. Is it very time-consuming to change that the original triggers is really recorded? Unfortunately, I can’t estimate that. Unfortunately, I can’t code programs and have no idea how time-consuming it is.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @dawless! @jofemodo merged the development branches into the testing branch. Note duration was working in the development branch so maybe it got broken in the merge. I am due to test this later today so will let you know my findings.

2 Likes

Thanks

Hi @riban @jofemodo ,
now a lot more has happened during the update and the length of the notes now works. That’s very nice. Now you can use the sequencer much better. Is it possible to implement pitch and mod wheel?

Thank you and greetings…

1 Like

Controllers are not currently stored in the sequencer. There is a plan to add this feature and it was built into the core architecture but we haven’t had the time to implement it yet. I don’t imagine this will arrive in the near future as we are working hard on other stuff at the moment.

I am glad you find the live input good. I am quite pleased with how it has turned out.

2 Likes