Sequencer Live Recording possible?

It is possible to record live patterns via keyboard in Zynseq? Can’t find information…

Yes!

3 Likes

And how does it work?

Click the “yes”. It’s blue …

2 Likes

Fine, this work’s but the note length is always the same length and not the way i played it. Is this by design or can I change the way it records? Thanks for your response.

Hi jofemodo,
forget it. Got it;)…Awkward

Now i found the Wiki, sorry for spamming you;)
Thanks

Hi @dawless!

You are right that the notes are entered with the same duration. I have never been happy with the live input. I improved it recently but it is still suboptimal. I will have a think about how to improve it.

2 Likes

I have fixed this in the development branch feature/slave_to_midi_clock. You can now play live into the pattern editor when Input channel is set to a MIDI channel and the pattern is looping in the pattern editor. Note start on the nearest step (quantised) but stop when released. (There is still a 24 ppqn quantisation on note duration.) The current implementation does not support unquantised note starts but there is a feature request for this. To improve resolution you can increase the Steps per beat.

I am happy with this enhancement. I have been disappointed with this part of the sequencer and this improvement is good. Any brave souls willing to venture into the dark unknown may wish to test now. The less intrepid explorers may wish to wait until it is merged into the Testing branch and the rest of you normal people will have to wait until Stable is updated.

3 Likes

I will test for sure. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hi @riban,
that’s nice to hear. Will you let me know if it is built into the stable version? I’m a scared bunny :wink:

Thank you…

1 Like

There are announcements in this forum when new versions are released, including test phases and stable releases.

2 Likes

Ok, i will watch it… Big Thanks

You shouldn’t. Having a SD-card with the “testing” branch could give you tons of fun and it cost a few €/$ only. We make improvements almost every day and you would enjoy the new features several weeks/months before going stable. Of course, you also would help us to debug and giving fresh user feedback. Using the testing branch is the easier way of contributing to the project :grimacing:

Enjoy!

1 Like

OK, what do I have to do to use the latest version? Of course, I’ll give feedback to make the Zynthian even better… :wink:

Greetings…

In the menu Software->Repositories enable the Advanced view option up on the right hand.

Then select testing for all the repositories and and update.

I can tell you that the testing branch is always completely usable. And if there is some kind of problem with a new feature, it is resolved very promptly.

You’ll sure enjoy it!

1 Like

It threw me an error when I tried to change all repositories to test at the same time. Change them one by one, update and reboot every time when the system asks you.

1 Like

Sometimes changes are related among repos, when you select different repos you must be sure of what’s on each of them.

1 Like

You know that it’s above most user’s knowledge. I don’t recommend everybody to change repositories without some experience of use ssh, linux command line and git.

2 Likes

Done. Thank you for your help. Together we are strong :muscle:. I changed everything at once and it runs without problems. @riban I’m now on “testing” and I think it’s the same before. Or isn’t the change in testing?

Greetings

1 Like