Setup WiFi - missing symbol &

Want to put my password in the WiFi-menu on V5, but looking for the Symbol & (ampersand), did not find.

You are right. Probably we need to add some other symbols too.
Please, use our new “Report Issue” button in the webconf dashboard, and tell us how it works :wink:

The best,

1 Like

thanks @ Jofemodo
Report the issue via “Report issue”- oram-OS, worked well, after github login.

This has concerned me. Users must have github account to be able to report issues. Maybe that is fair (we need to track who has reported the issue) but it might seem daunting to non-technical users or those who are more protective of their privacy.

I guess this is little different from logging into most issue tracking systems.

3 Likes

It’s not, and it’s a kind of filter too. We need some barrier to “just complaint”. Without any barrier, the issue-tracking system would be polluted with useless reports and we would waste our time in triaging instead of coding,

Let’s see how this evolves.

Regards,

2 Likes

one account more or less, not a problem at all :slight_smile:

Set up an email ‘complaints@zynthian.org’ for people to complain without needing to create a forum or a github account.

You could also set up ‘abuse@zynthian.org’ and ‘incoherentaltrightravingdiediedie@zynthian.org’ just in case.

2 Likes

The “Report Issue” button should be enough, @Baggypants . We have enough email accounts and we don’t receive complains frequently.

The best,

Maybe you should delete the Email rule that forwards them into the bin.

1 Like

Exim4’s rule syntax is so twisted that i can’t find the rule i wrote some years ago. Perhaps i should add another rule to filter mail going to the bin using some kind of IA-thing :grin:

Anyway, someone should warn moderators about this thread going totally off topic.

Cheers!

2 Likes

What is the point of a little power if they can’t abuse it…?

2 Likes