Shipping a kit to UK

I’m interested in buying a Zynthian kit from the shop. Since UK lost its marbles and left the EU, I’m concerned about customs delays and additional costs. Can you please tell me from which country the kits ship?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @CoyoteMike !

Welcome to zynthianland!
We ship the kits from Spain and AFAIK, kits arrive normally to UK, although It takes a few days more than before.

Best regards!

Thanks for the info. I am tempted to go for it when my pension is paid early in April.

1 Like

Hi @CoyoteMike, did you order a kit to be shipped to UK?
I am thinking about ordering one now, but I am also worried about additional costs.

As far as I can see there will be a duty charge of 2.5% and a VAT charge of 20% plus whatever handling fee the courier decides to add.

No, in the end I didn’t order. I was concerned about customs delays and the additional costs.

Mike

The best strategy possible for preventing violence is doing all we know to attend to and care for everyone’s needs, without any exception. Miki Kashtan

OK I am going to give it a go and will report back… I am expecting about £70 additional cost for VAT, duty and handling on the kit cost of £250 (EUR 277 including delivery)

1 Like

Good luck! I’ll be interested to hear how long it takes and what the extra charges are.

Mike

The best strategy possible for preventing violence is doing all we know to attend to and care for everyone’s needs, without any exception. Miki Kashtan

Arrived today by UPS - 5 working days from order. not bad. So far I have had no further charges applied but they sometimes email an invoice later…

1 Like

Thanks for the info. 5 days is impressive – Hermes usually take longer to deliver a parcel within the UK.

It is an oddity with international postal agreements that it can be cheaper for me to buy something in China and have it delivered to the UK, including last-mile delivery that it would be for just the postage of an item within the UK. The poor postal service here (Royal Mail) has to pick up the cost of delivering the China parcel from UK border whilst a UK seller / buyer must cover the UK postal charges in full. It doesn’t encourage to buy local which isn’t great for the environment or local economy.

Service from EU to UK has traditionally been pretty good. Brexit has made it more complex but I think most service providers are trying to deliver the best service. It can seem like you are being fleeced when a standard charge is applied for handling but the provider is probably trying to reduce overall cost by avoiding too many bespoke charges / bands of charge.

Before Brexit I ordered from EU countries many times. Since we left EU, I haven’t dared to try; I assumed it would be very slow with customs delays, and extra costs. Sounds like it’s not as awful as I assumed.