Should I?

Dec 20 17:40:57 zynthian startx[497]: ImportError: /usr/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-37m-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so: invalid ELF header

Faulty SD card?

I run the latest image on a v2 kit retrofitted with a pi4, and a homebrew pi3 set with no errors at all. Try a different sdcard and please explain with lots of detail how the web login fails for you.

Hi Baggypants,

I am trying another SDCard right now… just wanted to say…

When I attempt to connect to webconf - when connected same as with ssh - that does work… Chrome reports that the connection is refused.

Now let me ask this… are you convinced the webconf server is still functional?

webconf is an application that runs on the zynthian. If the image is corrupt then this is likely to be affected like the main zynthian application.

yes, I agree

I had some troubles to log in too because of the use of https protocol. By using http://zynthian.local it was okay.

Ok,

Now webconf works… sorta… it shows the first screen pretty reliably, and I did get the attached log file when clicking on the menu; UI-Log. But being able to open another page is rather hit or miss.

1 Like

Ooops forgot the log file…

zynthian24.txt (21.3 KB)

I don’t believe you mentioned your zynth was running in hotspot mode, that would have been useful! And it’s a bit weird it has three ip addresses, do you have the wired and wireless interfaces both connected? If you have wired, use that and disable the hotspot for now.

A quick look at the log file shows that jackd server doesn’t start. Without jackd up and runnig, zynthian-ui won’t start.
While webconf is now functionnal, check your hardware settings.

Success… Sorta…

Well I could fix why jack wouldn’t start… wrong audio card…

I bought the kit in feb of 2019 - so I dont know what version its supposed to be. I found my receipt from paypal - and its not showing version there.

V2 kit allows the zynthian to show a UI… but now I have no encoders…

I did enable the touch widgets, and can fudge around in the UI… I still need to connect to MIDI and see if I can hear audio… but without encoders, with this display, its so cumbersome.

You probably need to go back to the web interface and change your hardware wiring to match whatever your kit is using. Since you don’t know for sure which kit you have, you might try selecting Mcp23017 Encoders first.

As seen in the wiki fir V2

• Display: PiScreen 3.5 (v2)
  • Audio: HifiBerry DAC+ / HifiBerry DAC+ADC
  • Wiring: MCP23017_EXTRA

Confirmed… V2 is the only profile that works best.

Oh well.

Thanks guys

1 Like

Hurrah, that’s great:

1. You didn’t loose 300€
  2. you’ve maybe learned something new about your lovely zynthian
  3. You’re now able to go for a :face_with_monocle:
2 Likes

Hi Mark,
Are your encoders working now?

Hi Ronsom,

No the encoders don’t work.

I found a post from 2019 where you showed a screenshot of your webconf How to tell if the software update completed successfully??
Of coarse you were using a different image back then, but I noticed the wiring was MCP23017_ENCODERS.

You could go back to webconf and change Kit to Custom and then change wiring to MCP23017_ENCODERS to see if it makes a difference. You will need to leave the Soundcard: HifiBerry DAC+ and Display: PiScreen 3.5 (v2), otherwise you will likely get the ERROR screen again.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to post your current log. I’m no expert, but those who have been responding here are, and will probably be able to help find a solution, whether it is a software or hardware issue.

regarding the kit version, could you upload some photos of the box?

I just look for your order in our DB and yes, you seems to have a kit V2, without audio input.
So please, configure your kit as “Kit v2”. You shouldn’t need to customize anything else.

Regards!

1 Like

If encoders doesn’t work, then please check everything is connected OK inside your zynthian, If still doesn’t work, then i would suggest you send me your zynthian and i will fix it.

Regards,