Should I?

Hi Mark,
Are your encoders working now?

Hi Ronsom,

No the encoders don’t work.

I found a post from 2019 where you showed a screenshot of your webconf How to tell if the software update completed successfully??
Of coarse you were using a different image back then, but I noticed the wiring was MCP23017_ENCODERS.

You could go back to webconf and change Kit to Custom and then change wiring to MCP23017_ENCODERS to see if it makes a difference. You will need to leave the Soundcard: HifiBerry DAC+ and Display: PiScreen 3.5 (v2), otherwise you will likely get the ERROR screen again.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to post your current log. I’m no expert, but those who have been responding here are, and will probably be able to help find a solution, whether it is a software or hardware issue.

regarding the kit version, could you upload some photos of the box?

I just look for your order in our DB and yes, you seems to have a kit V2, without audio input.
So please, configure your kit as “Kit v2”. You shouldn’t need to customize anything else.

Regards!

1 Like

If encoders doesn’t work, then please check everything is connected OK inside your zynthian, If still doesn’t work, then i would suggest you send me your zynthian and i will fix it.

Regards,