Show me your Zynthian temperature

How hot is your Zynthian and what type of housing do you have.

Thanks for your answere. Greetings Rolf

I have an offficial V4.1 kit with Raspberry Pi 4. This uses passive cooling with an aluminium heat sink connecting the CPU with the case. It sits idle at 45C.

My ambient room temperature is approximately 21C.

I think thats a good temperature. I don’t have a case for my Zynthian (Pi4 4GB). My idle temperature is 52 ° C without a fan.

I have another device which is not cased and it sits about 50C with a large heatsink and goes down to below 40C with the fan running. Zynthian is configured to throttle at a fairly high temperature (above 70C I think).

Remember to quote ambient temp when assessing CPU temps. Room temps can vary due to your HVAC, season or your own practices. Delta from ambient is often a better measure.

I used to have a computer that would thermal shut down on 40 degree days … who would have thunk it :> Unfortunately, those 40 degree days always seemed to always coincide with late end of year uni projects here in Oz!

1 Like

Mine (Pi4B 8GB) has no case, and a small heatsink on the main chip. It idles around 50C and peaks at 65-70C with processor intensive layers. Room temperature is about 22C.

My temperature curve (Raspberry Pi4 4GB) open Case.

Left: without fan. Right with fan

I toast them !!

image That’s the pedal board . . .

this is a steel hifiberry case with a hifiberry ADC/DAC card so it’s recognised Pi config. It’s also toasty.

A fan is the best option. I have this one:

I converted the fan hat to 3.3V and it is controlled by Raspberry via GPIO Pin14

Funnily enough mentioning GPIO’s I’ve just wired up some onewire temperature sensors and a couple of old Pi’s …

I’m res-erecting my noon day bell project ! :bell: :clock12:

In truth I’ve not really seen to many heat related problems but I’m not playing them hard.

I’ve got a piano on the hifberry Amp2 connected straight to a couple of speakers and it doesn’t offend the ears digitally at any point and it’s on 24/7