Some metronome on midi recorder?

Hi … i finally have some spare time to push zynthian to limits and see what happens :smiley:
…by now i’m stressing the midi recorder, and tried to overdub, recording another track while playing the previous one and it works :blush:
is there a way to insert a metronome?
(the trick works with audio recording too, but zynthian almost crashed :smile: …i can understand )

1 Like

Hi,
for a metronome you can use the lv2 plugins C*Click, it’s not visible by default.
You need to go the the webconf, software menu and Jalv Plugins.

In the Jalv plugins interface, activate advanced view, click on Audio Generator and activate C Click - Metronome*, to finish click on the save button

Now, on your Zynthian box, you can add a New Generator Layer and choose C* Click - Metronome

On my Zynthian, I don’t have any sound, I recompile the plugins and after works ok, don’t know why.
To do, ssh your zynthian and run /zynthian/zynthian-sys/scripts/recipes/install_mod-caps.sh after few minutes, it works for me

3 Likes

Thanks, was writng the same Yesterday for this issue …metronome plugin does not produce sound…

Same problem here, no sound until I do the compilation

This topic suggests me doing weird and unexpected things it’s Always a good idea :grin:

for me too. thanks a lot

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

the metronome plugin lv2 doesn’t work out of the box… at least not in rc3
Plugins must be recompiled .

1 Like

I created an issue in the tracking system:

A patch has been commited and “update software” should solve the problem on Aruk.

Regards,

1 Like

Wow, this is actually a genuine “nightly build patch” :grin:

I see that you also have owls in England … :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Until browser will load image…:thinking:

Hi! I also have problem with the metronome.
There is sound, but there are no adjustments. I tried on Aruk and Aruk Buster with the latest updates.
What do you advise to do to restore the ability to adjust the tempo and volume?

Please, access your zynthian by SSH and try this:

update_zynthian.sh
$ZYNTHIAN_RECIPE_DIR/install_mod-caps.sh

Regards,