Sooperlooper midi command

Good morning,
I searched the forum, but couldn’t find an answer…
I would like to use the “record_exlusive_next” function on a midi command but I can’t find it… maybe it’s not possible!
sorry for the mistakes, I use google translate

We have not implemented that feature in the Zynthian control for Sooperlooper - sorry! If you can give a good workflow for why this is required we might consider adding it.

1 Like

hi,
it’s for playing in rehearsal or live. I would like to make a first loop for the verse, when we move on to the chorus, record the second mouth by stopping the first. then when the chorus is finished, I restart the first loop.
in fact I would like to have a multitrack looper like this:

I don’t know if I’m clear in my explanations

Sooperlooper is multitrack. @Baggypants, will you provide some context here? You are our sooperloopersuperuser :superhero:

1 Like

You can see how I use the looper with multiple tracks in action here: Baggypants Superlooper Demo - Hardlimit

To do what you want I’d probably record there verse, trigger the mute to start at the next trigger point and also set up the next track to record. It would take a lot of thinking ahead.

The other way I’d do it is prerecord the chorus and save it in a preset, so I can start the verse as a clear loop, but the use the mutes to switch to the prerecorded loop at chorus time.

It’s also not clear to me from the sooperlooper doc if record_exclusive_next will stop the existing loop entirely like you want it to, or just stop recording, but play the loop while you record another track, which is how I’d expect a looper to work.

do you think that if I put 2 CC values ​​on the FCB1010, one for mute the track and the second for the track change and then press another pedal to record the second track… then use another pedal to return to the first loop?

or stomps mode:

whith cc 125 to select loop
cc109 mute and cc102 record.
pedal A to switch from one loop to another.

I think it could work!

You need to configure the track change pedal to send the values the correspond to the track selection. As you change the quantity of tracks this parameter value range changes.

They are mapping it to what looks like an expression pedal. Like a knob, I think it will be ok with practice.

Oh the setting is from 1-2, keep the range wide maybe?

I would find that very challenging, moving the foot pedal to just the right position. If definitely only having two tracks then you could use a toggle footswitch (which I think is possible with the Uno firmware. (I have default factory firmware in my FCB-1010.)

it works with a small constraint:
I have to press the pedal twice to mute the first track and move to the second. the same for going from second to first.

cc119 to mute track
cc111 to change track

do you think it is possible to start the 2nd loop when the first is finished? like mute?