Staging-2305: The next stable release is almost here

Hi @zynthianers!

Good news!! We are almost ready to release the new stable version of zynthianOS. There is no huge changes, but lot of improvements and fixes:

• Pianoteq standalone engine has been improved by implementing the RPC API, what allows loading presets a lot faster than before. It also allow access to more parameters, etc.
  • New Tempo Screen that allows adjusting bpm, tempo source (internal/MIDI) and metronome.V5 has a dedicated key.
  • MIDI clock sync Ohhhh yes!! Zynthian now can be slaved to an external MIDI clock. I’m sure this will make happy more than one @zynthianer
  • Tap Tempo can now be configured to any customizable button/switch. Of course, V5 has a dedicated button for this.
  • Zynthian Step Sequencer has been improved in several ways: fancier zynpad look & feel, better workflow, many bugfixes, etc.
  • V5 support has been added, including the new button-based workflow and the supoer-cool RGB-LED feedback logic
  • New dexed presets have been added, converted from original DX7 voice banks"
  • Much more …

Mr. @riban is the brain & fingers behind most of these changes, so he deserves all merit and blesses. Really big thanks, @riban!! (BTW, mate, please, complete the list if i missed something important)

You should download and test the staging-2305 image. In such a way you will help us to find these annoying hidden bugs and also enjoy all the new features right now:

https://os.zynthian.org/test/2023-05-17-zynthianos-staging-2305.zip

For those don’t like the rain, the stable release “stable-2305” should be out before end of the month.

Enjoy!

19 Likes

This is good news!!! Big congratulations, you are doing a great job!

1 Like

Hello developers!!! This is good news. I will definitely try this new version. Good and peace to all.

2 Likes

Thanx Zynthian core team! (@riban , @jofemodo ).

Among the other promising new features, one which is particularly welcome for me is the (honestly overdue) ability to sync the Zynth to an external Midi clock, what that will make extremely more convenient to use arpeggiators and delays with a connected PC/DAW.

Well done guys :+1:

2 Likes

And the Tap Tempo for live performances :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yippieh, external midi clock sync. :+1:
What’s behind Much more … ? Is there a link to?
Anyway, thanks a lot to all developers and contributors. I love zynthian :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Bravo Bravo Bravo!!! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
@Riban has a soldering iron instead of fingers and a giant brain. Well done everyone and THANK YOU

I install it right now on the minimal Zynthian… because the FIRST is working.

2 Likes

I can assure that it works very well. It’s the same testing branch I’ve been running in live performances. Nothing to fear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just started … everything works the first time. Now I try it… :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

3 Likes

“Much more” is a looong list of bugfixes and little improvements. You can check the commit log:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Just to nitpick… :wink:
The writing BPM I would put under the value, otherwise when it goes below 100 it moves…

2 Likes

OK! It’s things like that what i mean with “helping us to find these hidden bugs” :rofl: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

After the update after the first reboot, I no longer see my wifi router in the SSID list.

As soon as I started with the new firmware I was able to start the wifi … now I can’t.

Wifi has stopped working

1 Like

At the first start, however, it worked perfectly… Then it was updated and it doesn’t work anymore

BPM text is now well centered :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Latest update does not boot, IP Error!

Ups! Sorry. It’s fixed now

2 Likes

Too late, I have to reinstall :DDD
This way I’ll test from scratch, no problem :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like